An Alternate Way of Handling Sassy People

you say that like it is a bad thing ???

lol

Why invest software updates to address that type of person? just drop them like a bad habit. They could still cause trouble with instant messages, going all it when You are big blind, etcā€¦

Iā€™d rather focus on making things better for all, not less troubling for some.

I think that good people having a bad day will be stuck with using #44 instead of apologizing and making their own compliments.

When I see someone being tough on another, I am not afraid to chime in on defense. It hasnā€™t come up in months. Even in real life, it hasnā€™t happened in far too long.

1 Like

Am I to understand that you consider it ā€œcausing troubleā€ when a player shoves on your big blindā€¦:slight_smile:

Because I certainly doā€¦:slight_smile:

at the real table, when players do that (shoving in on my big blind) they can add commentary. It can come across as bothersome and yet be acceptable. A dealer will address a player that insults and is rude, but cannot address their betting style in the same way.

I am just saying that we canā€™t Make things work perfect by adjusting the conversation. Life is messy.

I really do not understand what you are sayingā€¦

@kravpoker makes some good points. They can mess up with instant message also, like when a player is busted off the tournament, somebody can instant message ā€œgood byeā€, ā€œsee youā€, ā€œthanksā€ etc.

Rude play canā€™t be quantified, like some people raising pre-flop, and folding frequently, player in hurry, high bet and clear up his stacks while bringing down few others in that time, or even some play just to do that. Then why counter reacting verbal comment alone should be quantified as rude.

(Added: I think this is what Replay does, deciding as rude based on what happened, if you could read this post.)

In my personal experience, I see people tend to take the rude comment (even in genuine cases) personally, rather than its the game that we are commenting. I generally avoid them now.

1 Like

I would like to see way less moderation, not more. You have a mute feature, if your skin is so thin you bruise like a ripe banana, use it.

If anything, I would like to see a premade list of 100 nasty sayings taken directly from drunken sailors, such asā€¦

1ā€¦ %^$# 7^5 ^%$ #$56 &# !!
2ā€¦ %54 38
675# 43(
7^ !!

and, of course, the ever popularā€¦

3 %#$ &^ (&^&%4 @## &(5 &$3@! !!

6 Likes

this usually works for me: "I am so sorry You are not educated, . that you cannot express yourself without using profanity. Please go back to school.

2 Likes

No. Your idea is noble, but (respectfully) points to looking at wrongdoing through rose tinted glasses. Replay do not easily ban players, and in most instances warn players before banning them from chatting. But the ban is for a limited period after which banned players can chat again. To set up a whole procedure in favor of someone who broke the rules in the first place seems to be rewarding them rather than censuring them.

1 Like

Ignore them. Felt them. Move on. Jobā€™s a good 'un! :grin:

be carefulā€¦that kinda talk got me bannedā€¦

Alternate viewpoints are not exactly welcome here.
I used to think some tables were just not chatty.
Maybe lots of the players are chat-banned.

Nah ā€¦ most people are just not Chatty or friendly

6 Likes

GOT THAT RIGHT SHARON!

2 Likes

playing and typing do not go together wellā€¦else I would be getting in trouble at the tables tooā€¦:slight_smile:

I think some are, you just have to find them at the tables and then it becomes good fun playing because its like a real game. But granted, there are some who are just downright rude. Lol.

Which is why I only play sit n goā€™s ā€¦usually the same group of players and where most of my friends play ā€¦ but there are still quite a few who have no social skills or manners whatsoever ā€¦ I do try to teach them manners though ā€¦ after no response to my saying nh ā€¦ I tell them ywā€¦

1 Like

Why?