An Alternate Way of Handling Sassy People

For whatever reasons some players manage to get themselves banned. These players have befriended other players and their banning prohibits them from any conversation. How do we cut the sass permantly and get that person back into the community. AS I see it we can still ban the person but do so in a human creative manner:

PROBLEM: A player sasses another player too many times and shows no indication they will change their evil ways and become socially acceptable.

HUMAN SOLUTION: Folks on the forum should create a hundred acceptable sentences, all basic and simple everyday common sentiments, Replay Poker gives the banned player access to these hundred simple and nice sentences with a numerical call out. They are not permitted to type words, only "#23” or another number,

In addition they can address any player at the table by selecting the players name. With a hundred pleasant sentences and a list of players at the table, friendliness can return to the game seemlessly and the sass will become more rare, and did so humanly.

For instance, here are some arbitrary sentiments that we see all the time:

#28 “How’s the family, Buttercup?”
#23 “I feel pretty good; thanks for asking DogguDog”
#76 “That’s a good idea BigBuddha.”
#87 “Very nice hand, well played, TrapperJoe.”
#31 “I played that hand like a dummy,”
#89 “I need to walk my dog,”
#1 “NH”
#2 “Thanks,”
#3 “BRB,”
#4” LOL”

The banned person would get a numbered list of many more socially acceptable blocks to social discussion.

In essence the banned player is still muted from writing any letters they want with only access to numbers but they can participate in any discussion and personalize it to individuals.

What do you think? Do you have suggest sentences?

This would put Replay Poker on the map for being innovative and human.

This process also teaches some people a good lesson.

Finally it will make the game experience much nicer and friendlier.

Scratch

4 Likes

Very original proposal.
Let’s assume the good people create 100 socially acceptable sentences for the rejects, who would only be allowed to type numbers. What would happen if the bad people mistyped the number, and typed for example, 101? Would that be automatically censored? With 101 they could have meant “you are a donk”! :grin:

2 Likes

Love the suggestion Scratch. What about a single ring game and tourney where people are warned about potential harmful language. 18+ only. Then you have the choice? Like the mute the chat button.

I do 100% agree abusive behavior or and bullying is my trigger point. Especially, if its towards someone that cant or wont defend themselves.

1 Like

I don’t know how possible it is, but buttons for gh, ty, gg, etc would probably be reasonable. Or a series of emojis you can click on easily to convey the message. I really like your idea, though, Scratch.

1 Like

How about an entirely pictorial based messaging system. No language at all. Kinda like emoticons but poker based.

1 Like

nooooooooo… I need to talk

4 Likes

bThat’s why I kind’ve like the idea of buttons for the ordinary gh, gg stuff and then we could still chat. Just makes it easier to be engaged without having to type so much. Perfect for all those gh comments and ty’s in Poker Amusement League.

2 Likes

I agree as long as we can still chat

1 Like

You’d need to add a key for “pffft” for @SharonSmarty

9 Likes

I think everyone could use a pfffft key. :wink:

10 Likes

a96831_a511_random13-dude

Dude i need to chat! Sharon will get us walkies talkies :smiley:

5 Likes

lmao :joy:

1 Like

pfffft :wink:

2 Likes

Well, another solution is to lighten up on the moderation…I been around here a while and have seen some stuff but I have yet to see ANY conduct or post that deserved banning or muting…constant efforts to make this a safe zone stifle the site…YMMV

3 Likes

hahaha, i get the feeling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I happy you have not experienced some of the violations that I’ve seen. I believe if you had you would have a different opinion. Have you read through the Site Rules? Are you aware that RPP’s vision is a “Fun and Friendly” site for all players? That means treating players with respect and fairness. Folks that don’t do that, and/or exhibit unsportsmanlike play are going to be moderated. This is to the benefit of the Community as a whole. I don’t see this as a “stifle” of the site in any manner. In fact, I believe this is actually enabling the site to thrive. Perhaps you’re looking for a different “flavor”?
Regards,
Ron

2 Likes

Sassy players, They can,t see me. I can.t see them.
Ignore them. That make them mad as hell. they can’t do any thing about it.
…………BLUEDIME

2 Likes

For those who want people who were muted to remain muted, I understand, especially if you are the recipient of the bad will. But what’s wrong with forgiveness also? What’s wrong with trying it? I don’t have a clue to programming but this sure would be a seamless way to handle the Sass. If the site wants fun and safety, which I want too, why not give this idea a go? #10 Take care.

Scratch

1 Like

In real life a lot of people who commit minor crimes are required to do community service as a part of earning their way back into society and learning to act appropriately. How about 30 days as a player rep with good behavior to remove mute.:relaxed:

5 Likes

#103 (Nothing is wrong, quite the opposite!)

Scratch, I see some danger of misunderstandings in your (very funny) proposal. Imagine the muted people and their talking friends learn by heart your catalogue, but have a bad memory for numbers, it could come to some surreal conversations at the table.
The talking one: “Hello, Billy, how is your wife?” The muted: #89 (I need to walk my dog). The talking one: “Oh, I thought your wife hated dogs!” The muted: #76 (That’s a good idea). The talking one: “What’s a good idea? To have a dog instead of a wife?” And so on.
At some point also the talking one, desperate, might feel the wish to swear. Result: both muted. :grin:

1 Like