240 hr marathon : what will the winner prove?

Assassin; I have had one main nickname, Scratch, a nickname from childhood when I hustled chess, bet the nags, pool, dice, etc. in NYC. If you tell me your plating nickname I will watch you play for a few sittings, and we can seriously discuss poker when I get back from France. Peace brother. :wink:

poker is so boring i hate this game now

its repititive n same old thing. boring as hell. there’s no fun in poker. rubbish.

Scratch-To inform you that further discussion will not be, because it removes the account. So take rest peacefully in France :slight_smile:
I’m a big fan of SnG. I go come back here if you change your calculation score. Understand this, finally, that poker is not ski jumping, where deducted points for wind power!
Good luck to everyone and goodbye :slight_smile:

Assassin - I look forward to playing SnG with you but also understanding I am now being taught Omaha Hi Lo by Mike Cappelletti, the best there is. My time will be spent perfecting Hi Lo. But when we once start playing a daily SnG, meaning 30 games a month, you and I will play the same 500K buy in. At that level there are no bonus points or monthly leader. It will be you against me in kill or be killed pierce competition. I look forward to that.

Let’s start our series on September 1st. I will try to arrange with the staff, where we can agree to a personal bonus, that we provide 500K each so that one of us will take home an additional 1 million chips at the end of the month, in a wager that we should call Corps a Corps, a Heads up Spectacular!!

Scratch (who like the gauntlet of the SnGs)

How would you evaluate the bankroll one should have to play 500k buy-in SnG regularly? 40x would be OK? I recently reached 20M and I’m looking forward to play tougher competitors.

there is no guarantee about bankroll. so no amount is enough. just make sure u dont play with more than 5 % of ur chips. thats my tactic.

if u play 500k n finish 4th ten times in a row u lose 5M of ur 20M. the key is to arrest the fall i.e. when ur on a losing streak stop playin big tourneys.

Thank Qu, good question.

I have 30M. Actually if Assassin is willing, I will engage knowing I could lose five in a row. If I were to lose 5 in a row I would renege and run like hell. At 30M I should be looking to play no more than a buy-in of 300K, or more conservatively, 150K. At 500K I am playing way over my head. But in this case, the exception, I would put up the additional 500K, to buy in for the wager, because if I should lose five or six in a row, I would simply end the bet and forfeit the buy-in of 500K for the heads up tournament.

My friends from other sites who are winning 100M plus or minus are playing in buy-ins way over their heads. They were playing with half the bank I have. I know they are all good players but they also took a big risk.

I am very bank oriented and haven’t increased it much during my learning period in Hi Lo. I conceivably will either get very good and profitable in Hi Lo or I won’t. If I do, great. If my the new year I am less than 40M, I will move over to the game I play better, Texas, and say good-bye to Omaha, only rarely to come back and visit for a day or so.

Scratch.

Who won?

Moonmanid. He posted in this thread. Look up.

I didn’t see your reply Xov.

Yeah sure I use the 20x rule or 5% of your chips in ring games (actually on RP I often multi 2 tables so I often have 10% of my bank out but it worked fine for me).

I was referring to SnGs which is different in terms of BRM. Same goes with MTT. For example the 1M buy-in tourney I still don’t want to enter it even though I have over 20M in bank. I’ll wait till I have at least 40x, probably 50x (and that is still pretty aggressive in terms of BRM, the classic rule is the 100x or 1%).

For example Scratch would be OK at 100x for SnG and comfy at 200x. There are many articles dealing with it and explaining why it’s a good classic rule. However I’ve found that RP being a free chips site you can play a bit over your head. So since I often play with 10% out in ring games I believe that 50x (2%) is OK in MTT.

actually i didnt know any such rule. i formed the idea that 5% wud be a good way to play safe. also i havent reached even a million so dont know how much wud be safe at higher stakes. but ur plan sounds cool. maybe i’ll try it someday.

Moon was totally right, He was out to prove something to HIM, not to the rest of us. Any Marathon tourn, or for that matter even the leaderbeards can be dominated by a player that might not have a “normal” life and can play 20 hrs a day. I played against Moon, he is a good player. He also makes a great point… it was ALL ABOUT number of points total… he played his butt off… so congrats to him… I couldn’t keep up, I tried… and I am a great SnG player… I just like MTTs more…

Is any promotion perfect ??? heck no… but alot of fun… But to just bash RP for the rules of that promotion is DUMB, altho thoughtfull discussions on how they can be better… thats what our role is as players is, to let RP know what we like and don’t like… and please, show a little respect for the site’s creators and your fellow players…

That is common sense and you instincts were right. But there is also some statistical data to back it up. Obviously as it is the case with almost everything related to poker it depends on the player and the competition.

Thanks for the answer Scratch, open a bottle of French wine for me :wink:

Why did you choose Omaha H-L? I find PLO far more interesting even though it’s almost non existant on RP.