240 hr marathon : what will the winner prove?

They dont do it on old client as new on the way, with new table.

They do that continiously, again, with the new client, speed will improve greatly too.

Again, HTML5 on the way… They already work on that.

That wont change. The only change they make it more transparent.

Dear Assassin,

As my Poker Academy friends who are here know, I too used Google Translator to speak to my French and German friends; we Americans, unlike the rest of the world, were not encouraged to learn a second and third language, a major reason why a man named Trump is scaring the world right now. Notwithstanding, I do want to respond to you seriously, but I need a break from the forum for a few weeks, and I want to give your words a lot of thought, Please give me some time and I will respond to your thoughtful words.

Scratch

PS - It would be nice to encourage for communication at the table to include a Google Translator so that the chat could be between all of us. I will be in France for a few weeks precisely because of meeting and becoming friends with French players at the poker tables of virtue.

Marcipan-I’m not going to argue with you! Let me just say that by playing at 4 or 8 tables at once on other poker room never had problems with the speed of the game and the more I never hung page. If you do not believe me I can litter the screen grind it multitables.
Scratch-Happy holidays in France :wink:

I hope you’ll enjoy your stay in France. If you need hints or advice let me know.

Cheers from a French patriot :grin:

I dont see you said you have problems with speed…

I simpli stated the facts to your points…
No argument in that, not your part, not mine…

I do not have the patience to play already here! What “genius” came up negative charging points in the standings SnG?

Assassin,

I have a few minutes so here are my best answers:

A. Regarding looks, I think Replay Poker is pretty good commercial art but it is not fine art. I think the decision makers use time and discussion for what is presented. Ultimately it is a personal thing; I hate mayonnaise!

B. Regarding computer speed, I am useless for any opinion. I kick my computer when it is slow, figuring that is the safest thing for the computer. Then I call my friend who tells me to reboot.

C. Regarding new games and formats; this seems to be happening. I originally played a few Royal games but soon lost interest. I think natural choice will satisfy the comings and goings of new games.

D. Regarding the rights of ownership, use sugar not salt when criticizing. We are in somebody’s house. The homeowner is a patient good and understanding dude who has put a lot of real money into it. It is his to do as he will. He wasn’t elected; he owns the place. Show respect. Use sugar. I think this is a great place, and others may think it is mayonnaise.

I hate mayonnaise. Yuck!

Scratch

Assassin, I was angry for two weeks when it was put into place. Indeed I was knocked out of first place and still am seeing a therapist because of it! But, now I am much more comfortable with it. The regular SnG players seem to be okay with it too.

It does allow the best players to win each month and that means the same people will dominate. Like all sports the new arrival will pretend and maybe get crowned. It works.

You just have to get over the sudden shock. Scratch

Merci Mon Ami. I will be heading south to Rennes Le Chateau. I love the French countryside, will AirBNB some of the trip and see what likely was the one time home of Mary Magdalene; sort of a religious mission if you will, though I am not religious. I am not motivated by the DiVinci Code either as it took liberties with history that were offensive. I fear running into those tourist and that scares me. I will be meeting two spelunkers who have been to the many caves in the area. I will be also going to Nantes, Angers, and a small little village that will remain anonymous where I will relax and swim in the Loire and drink homegrown good French wine. If you see me playing kick my ass off of here! Scratch

Scratch-only expressed his opinion about the portal. Do not you agree with me, just as I do not have to play here. I pity you time shows evidence that the idea that we play 120 tournaments to the classification and 121 for the pleasure you can not play, because if you score fewer points, it “-” in the general classification. For me it is simply sick !!!

Assassin: Please trust that I am very aware of how this came into being. Also please trust that for the situation at hand, while the rule did hurt me first, I know now that it has some wisdom. Here is why: At the time and because there are many retirees playing at ReplayPoker, some people would play hundreds of games a month. Worse, they would play two and three games at a time. Aside from that being a strong indicator that an addiction is at hand, it is simply rude. It is particularly rude if that player goes all in all the time. After months upon months it became unbearable for many players. Many suggestions were discussed and the present one was deemed best for all people. I am not crazy about it but I accept it and it is fair.

One last word: Assuming 45 minutes per SnG, 120 games is equal to 90 hours a month or 20 hours a week. Since there are three levels available, let’s add another 10 hours. I’m not sure this is a good thing.

Hi everybody:-) Shouldn’t answer any of this, because I usually get in trouble::-), but here goes:-)

What will the winner prove? Absolutely Nothing:-) What was the winner trying to prove? The same :smile:

Do I care about stats and rankings? NO! I don’t claim or aim to be a Pro, I’m here for the fun of the play and to chat with friends…and disliker’s:-)

So I played 400 games and averaged 4500 points a game, doesn’t matter this was a MARATHON Points Play Tournament. In the Title it stated, “Play as much as you want”, “Score as many Points as you can”.
It wasn’t about winning…it was about scoring points. And I wasn’t aware the Replay Poker had a time to play limitation. I thought it was a 24 hour " FOR FUN" site. The fact that I can play for 20 hours a day when I want shouldn’t matter to anyone. By the way placed 68th on the Monthly SnG Board, and could care less. It’s suppose to be “FOR FUN”.

Ring Games, some SnG Games: If you get on the wrong table, you are treated like an intruder. The site could use a Marathon format so that players who just want to play can go, so they won’t interfere or intrude on the strategic players.

“Don’t have a life” Well if being retired 30 years from Dept of the Army, being a world class Lighting Director for TV and PPV, and having an EMMY nominated show(didn’t win, but, got points), and having 24/7 care of my disabled mother means I “don’t have a life”…well I guess I’m a loser :slight_smile: By the way, if you have watched Boxing or MMA on TV or PPV in the last 20 years you have most likely seen my work.

To ALL players on the site…I have the utmost of respect and admiration for you. I respect and admire those that play for proficiency and to win every game. Those same players need to respect the fact that there are those of us on the site, that just want to play for fun, and winning doesn’t really matter, it’s secondary, if not further down the list.

Replay was designed for the player to improve his/her game, in the real world there are, Donks, fools, idiots, bad beats, and serious play. Depending on which one of these rolls I chose, and I can play any of them. I’m only improving your game by forcing you to adjust to my play. Maybe I have the wrong philosophy, but, that’s life.

To Paul and his Staff, WOW! Great JOB! It is truly my pleasure and honor that you allow me to enter your house and play! Thank You!

moonmanld

Great Job Moon… looking forward to playing against you again soon.

Thanks Sharon always a pleasure.

Scratch-Discussing with someone who believes that it is always right does not make sense to me. I presented their proposals if they are not acceptable, believe me, I have no obligation to play here!
There is an American saying: “Time is money” because I like to play fast format “fastpoker” and playing on multiple tables simultaneously. I do not call it an addiction, but the maximum use of the time that I can spend on game-after all, not only poker man alive;-)
How do you come back from France rested and with the head full of new ideas, and it can look more favorably on my concepts, new formats of games;-)

Well if you’re going there and don’t want to see too many tourists you could make a trip to the Pyrénées, if you like hiking that is.

Otherwise the three “big” cities nearby are really nice (Carcassone, Narbonne, Perpignan).

You’ll definitely love Nantes (I might be biased here as I have family nearby :smile:). I know it’s touristy and it’s a theme park but the 'Puy du Fou" is really a great experience and it’s a one hour drive from Nantes.

Last but not least, if you have time you could either visit “les chateaux de la Loire” or and that’s even better IMO go to the “baie de Quiberon”. You probably already went to Brittany but it’s worth going back there (plus they invented the caramel with salted butter there ;)).

Have fun and enjoy the food/wine/sun/ladies =P

Assassin, I’ve played poker for 60 years, and started learning only 8 years ago. I still stink at it and will never be able to play it well. This is playing one game/board at a time. Your gusto for life and poker is great; I wish I could be as involved. But I still get pissed at myself when I make a bad play. I have tried playing two and three boards and the mathematics I learned? For every extra board I play I get 47.5% more stinking at the game. So with three boards going I am playing at 5% of my capacity that is real stinking in the first place. We are different. And this is a good thing. Scratch

If I may suggest, you should close attention to the mindset.
How do you master the art of reconciling with the fact that in poker there is a large variance, without fear start to play 2 or more tables :slight_smile:

Assassin: The last I counted I had five distinct personalities (not even close to the world record for multis) and only two of them who even heard of the game called Poker. Those two personalities, Me and Myself, have different skill levels, bad and terribly bad. If I were to play more than one board Me would play but them Myself would turn on the TV loud, ask me what I want for dinner, start to dance cha-chas, and in general really piss Me off. Before too long I would go all in with 2 7 and then go pout somewhere. It will not work!!!

Scratch-8 years you learn to play poker and do not yet know that the game is not all-in with 2.7 ???
Seriously, if you want to be good at something, you need to dedicate time and concentration otherwise why sit down to play with the attitude that 5 minutes will be important dinner and not how to play correctly the next hand.
I do not mind playing on several tables, while watching a movie on a second monitor … Just to reach this level of the game you have to take seriously (work on mindset!) Then over time you will improve the skills and attain greater satisfaction from winning :slight_smile: