Long Term Tournament Entry Observation On Replay

I’ve been on Replay for a few years now and confirmed that one’s placement on the tournament list will

influence your outcome.

Call me crazy but has anyone else noticed this?

Position numbers 1 - 8 - 15 seem to be the ideal entry for winning tournaments only if you’re patient in

the beginning and play a solid game.

One of the best players in the past was Goatsoup and I always remember him entering early and often

in the first position.

Did he notice too his luck was consistently better at the end of the tournament?

Today, I finished third after entering in the 8 TH slot.

I had opportunities but folded some winning hands preflop like J6.

I noticed in league play who entered in 1,8 and 15 then the tournament started and finished.

Sure enough, those players have a distinct advantage and win a higher percentage.

If this observation is true, then it lessens the importance of how good of a poker player you are on this site.

All that matters is when you enter the tournament.

It certainly feels this way in my experience.

However, it doesn’t mean that it is true.

In any event, Replay should look into it and if possible, fix this issue.

2 Likes

I think you’ve taken the phrase this site is rigged into the twilight zone.

Btw, I still think it’s just flawed and not rigged.

1 Like

I have always seen patterns in algorithms, including certain cards are hot & if you bet on them you win. However just like a slot machine, I also see them change and most of the time at the wrong time lol. I believe, my friend goat would say the same thing:)

I find it interesting you refer to slot machines because they are programmed to favor the house. When the house loses big I’ve read articles where they refused to pay off because they accused the winner of rigging the machines.

I am sure there a lot of articles to read about rigging. However, per the original post, I simply believe and agree with @Excaliburns patterns do occur to me as well. They also change.