CONTEST - What quality do you appreciate in other players?

Hi,
I love people and poker.
Poker is a game where each one of us are equal and the only thing that counts is each others respect and good luck and of course the $. Poker tables are not the place to insult, hate or ridicule anyone for anything at any time during a game. Luck is random and some take risks, some more than others. Personal insults should never be used. I have received and have been baited into political arguments sad to say. So let’s enjoy poker for what it is and each player’s while company you have it. Being silent at a table can be disheartening to a an avid player who has lost a big hand. Show respect take the time to say two letters, ty or nh. ez peazy! The respect you get from fellow players is a common norm at all live tables. The online tables are reverse, again sad.
So to improve playing for me…
1.) I need more time to decide, this seconds to decide is bad.
2.) NO personal insults of any kind.
3.) More sit an go tourneys from 2k to 20k.
4.) Most of all show rsp to all.
5.) Speak when spoken to!
I could go on but you get the jist.
Thanks and I hope to see you all soon, gl from Rider…:sunglasses:

“B” = Good manners. I appreciate playing with people from around the world, and that Replay Poker puts national flags for us to see. Some people are ruse, however, and that is tolerated but not a welcome addition. You really don’t need to push out people from playing just because they might have a low chipstack. That said, Replay is a fun site to share.

1 Like

Good manners should always be a priority in our relationships with others. Also in poker. I also appreciate that the game develops quickly. I try not to make others wait. Thanks for your work. Best regards.

B- Good manners. There’s nothing worse than being Rude and Stupid. It is the one thing that will make me leave a table…even if I am winning!!! Too bad some people are to Stupid to realize just how rude they are…lol

Good manners. That would include: not bluffing every hand, coaching on poker from your seat, calling others names or remarking on their play. I enjoy this site and realize I always have the option to leave a table where I do not like the play. Thanks.

A and B make it fun. Being a gracious winner is just as important as being a good loser!

I like losers yes I like it when people lose so I can win!! muahahhahaha

1 Like

I like Reply Players because most of them know it’s just a game, a great game, but still a game and we’re here to have fun. Oh, and I like quiet players.

i like a player with a good wrestling background, a little stand up skills and some brazilian jiu-jitsu.plus bad breath makes me feel superior.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I am for shure going for B.

I get “mad” when someone wants everyone to hurry up. or those “zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”.
It mostly shows the future heart attacks they will get.
Mostly this sit is for the fun and joy. So dont come with those rude words. We are here for the fun…otherwise play against a computer and one can say whatever they want to it. We are people, we speak, we communicate, we make jokes, we smile and learn from each other.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve thought about it. Now I’ve decided to be honest. I really like to pick a table with one lonely noob twiddling his thumbs, one who just showed up, wet behind the ears with his fresh bank of sign in chips or 1st purchase.

Is that wrong? He’ll have to learn somehow and I like to give lessons. I appreciate a good student.

3 Likes

LOL you’re bad. And I like it :smiling_imp:

1 Like

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

First things first, a huge thanks to @miri123 for this contest submission – we got a LOT of opinions this time around! Our players clearly have some preferences on who they like to sit with at the tables (I’m a “warmth” person, myself!). Thanks for taking the time to share those thoughts with us! :slight_smile:

Many of you couldn’t pick just one, so I counted each answer if you listed multiple things without a preference. Here’s how things played out:

Warmth - 20
Good Manners - 58
Skill - 26
Quietness - 5
… and a rather common fifth choice, Sense of Humor - 8

There you have it! The most important quality for most of you is someone who has good manners. It’s not surprising that on a social poker site, players value other choices over quietness. Amusingly, a couple of you also chose “skill” … but poor skill. :wink:

I copied over everyone’s answers to a Google spreadsheet and chose the following five players using random.org:

@macawesome
@Shady
@Marc978
@marlu99
@Bulldog9512

Each of you should find your banks 100,000 chips richer!

Thanks to all for participating. Our staff loved hearing what qualities you enjoy seeing in other players at the table, and we look forward to seeing your answers in a new player-suggested contest next month! :smile:

4 Likes

I’m curious, were duplicate postings eliminated or by posting more often were the chances increased?

I only list each entrant once (their first entry). That’s actually why I need to use the spreadsheet – otherwise I could just randomly choose the number and go straight to that post here in the thread.

2 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks @fizzymint and @miri123 for a brilliant contest!

4 Likes

Thanks @fizzymint!!! Congratulations to all the other winners as well!!!

-Marc

1 Like

Many thanks for my win Fizzy :smiley: … congrats all winners. ( For the record I never win anything) lol

1 Like

lafmaso, Lorenzo 57