Why was i booted?

I was registered in a MTT sat to 15K tourney.I was 15 min late and still had my 2000 chips but as i sat down to play it said “congrats you finished in 40th place” and booted me.Any idea why this happened.This is the game below.

By chance, when you got to your table, were you in between the blinds, waiting for the button to pass? This has happened to me too - if you sign up just before Late Reg ends, but aren’t actually dealt a hand because you were seated between the blinds, the tourney sees you as a ghost that never showed up. And ghosts are automatically busted from a tourney after the Late Reg ends.

1 Like

This is no show timeout. If you don’t show up for fifteen minutes, from the time of registration I think, you will be exited for no show.

1 Like

That’s horrible if true. The game ought to see whether you’re seated and active, and regardless of whether you’ve entered a hand yet, it should know that you’re there.

1 Like

You can view more information about Tournament No-Show Policy here:
Tournaments and no-shows

1 Like

Well, I stand by my assessment – that’s a horrible policy. They need to institute a check that confirms that the player being booted had an opportunity to play a hand before they get dumped.

1 Like

@narench is correct, but its the dredd’d level 3 boot. Sounds like 5 min blinds… therefore level 3 ends, @ the 15 min mark… its still basically a ‘no show boot’.

1 Like

pug -

Agreed, it would be nice if the server could somehow notice someone is actually there, gold, not grey. But, devil’s advocate, if you don’t want to worry about it, don’t sign up at the last second. heh

1 Like