What is your favorite dream?

I’m at the final table of a poker tournament. I reach for my drink and wipe a tiny drop of perspiration from the glass. Could this be a tell? I think. Barely hiding the hammering of my heart, I look into the staring eyes of Doyle Brunson. His gaze reveals nothing. Texas Dolly is reading me like a book.
The dealer flops a King of Spades, Queen of Spades, and an 8 of Clubs. I slowly reveal my hole cards to reveal a wired set; Jack of Spades and 10 of Spades. I only need one more spade for the flush. My heart beats a little faster.

The turn is another 8. This time Hearts.

My lower lip wants to quiver so badly. I hold back the urge. Beside Brunson, Phil Hellmuth lets out a sigh. Almost undetectable in the death like silence of the room. But I hear it. I wonder if Dolly did the same.

We all check.

The river reveals a 9 of spades. I have hit my flush. I resist a gulp. I fight to keep from losing it. I check out Dolly’s and Phil’s stacks only to find what I knew was there. All three of us have the exact same number of them.

Dolly looks at me and then the board and immediately pushes all his chips in. Phil does the same. I start to fire mine into the pot, then hesitate. Phil’s left eye twitches and I know I have him beat. But Dolly is calm as a cucumber. I need a reveal! My mind screams.

I watch Dolly closely as the seconds pass into minutes. The cold stare of the Godfather of Poker starts to un-nerve me. I am transfixed by his gaze and the little drop of sweat forming on his head.

This is it! My mind screams. Dolly you’ve given yourself away.

I push my chips into the center of the table with force. This game is mine!

I proudly lay down my sweet flush for all to see.

Phil throws his cards away and leaves in disgust.

Dolly wipes the sweat from his brow and smiles. He slowly flips over the Ace of Spades.

As they bring over the bracelet and millions of dollars to the Godfather, I have to ask.

“I saw the sweat. I knew you were bluffing. How did you beat me?”

Dolly lets out a small chuckle. “I learned to sweat on command years ago.”

I faint and wake up. My poker dream ending in a horrific bad beat.

5 Likes

My favorite dream is being with Margot Robbie ( i love her) for a month on an island making love all day n night until my wife wakes me up and says, " it is just a dream dummy.":slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prime Rib but I always bite my tongue while dreaming so I had to get a mouth guard :joy:

6 Likes

She’s very cute! I didn’t know her name–had to google her. Not going to show her picture to my husband in case he decides to choose your dream!

3 Likes

I’m living my favorite dream! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My fav.poker dream is I am playing in the WSOP and I am heads up with my fav. player and the greatest hold em player of all time Imo Phil Hellmuth and I slowplay a hand and bust him and win it all! Then he has a meltdown :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I can’t believe I wasn’t in that dream at the table :joy:

3 Likes

He is not the best BUT he will have a meltdown and call u names u never herd before lol.

2 Likes

Craig you were I busted you out in 3rd place you bluffed shoved and I called you with 3 9 off and flopped quads…Sorry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha :joy:

1 Like

I want to be a part of this dream. Please…

3 Likes

I was at the table too !

2 Likes

Craig yes but…I busted you with quad 3’s then u had a meltdown but I bought you a cold beer and u quit having a meltdown :slight_smile: but Phil almost cried :slight_smile:

1 Like

The things a cold beer can do. Thank you bro :+1:t2::beers:

2 Likes

that my favorite poker site would come back…PKR.COM

bill8888888888888888888 yes he goes stupid sometimes :rofl:

1 Like

Buy stupid is entertaining :joy:

2 Likes

My favorite dream that i am rank number 1 in Replay Poker lol. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dream of walking through a wheatfield. My face looking up at the sun. As the warmth showers over me, my body is taken back 20 years and I am healthy again.

Then I sit down with a 2-litre bottle of coke and a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and bacon…

Oh wait, that’s what got me to where I am in the first place.

I mean, I sit down with a salad…hehe :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My favorite dream is STILL with Margot Robbie, but wife still says “DREAM ON” lol

1 Like