What is the only thing, you can control in a Hold-Um, MTT?

We all have both Good luck & Bad luck, that we have no control of.

I believe one of the things we can control is, how you play the cards dealt to you in every hand. I’m sure there are many other thing’s that we can control and would love to hear your ideas to improve our strategies !!

What do we have control of in this great game of Texas Hold-Um ?

1 Like

We should have control over getting enough rest.

If we don’t get enough rest, then we have control over the decision to not participate in the game.

1 Like

Agree my friend, rest is a required subject when we get older especially. But I thought as a Great Player you are you could give us some suggestions of what we have control of in the game other than rest, to improve our strategies and I’m sure you will after we rest :slight_smile:

I’ve covered this in another post.

I think a heightened awareness gives an edge to any player.

A heightened awareness to the tendencies of Replay.

A heightened awareness to the tendencies of your opponents.

A heightened awareness of your position.

You get the idea!

There’s a lot that is missed so if you focus on your awareness, your game will improve.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Was looking for one thing, but great Ideas! & thank you

I also believe, one thing also we can control is our position. After all it is a tournament that may last a long time and for me position is very important throughout the tourney.

2 Likes

how you play the cards dealt to you in every hand.

I’d say that pretty much sums it up. Everything else is a roll of the dice.

1 Like

Here’s an example of what happened yesterday in a tournament.

Decided to play aggressive early, and luck was on my side.

So, I was leading the tournament early but then more players entered, and I was moved to

another table.

A heightened awareness of who sat next in my previous seat at the other table enabled a realization

the seat was a hot seat. In fact, whoever sat in that seat had a much higher win

percentage throughout the tourney.

Eventually, I was moved back to the original table, a couple seats over from the hot seat.

The player who sat in my original seat became the chip leader.

When you start to notice these subtleties, then you know to fold when the

winning percentages are inherently low.

The above is an excellent example of a heightened awareness to the tendencies of Replay!

1 Like

My bowels :+1:

1 Like

“Pot control”

LoL

3 Likes

Control-Not going on tilt after a bad beat-we all get them-and we get mad, but having patience-instead of pushing it all in the next decent hand, we all been there, but not going on tilt keeps us in control.

3 Likes

Definitely not good to let one go though, a fart can be a disaster in later years, I will say no more in the subject, make love not war, patience is the key to winning tournaments,

2 Likes

Patience is the key to making a deep run. A lot of players tend to get frustrated during a card dead stretch and when they finally get a good hand, they recklessly overplay it. Dont make a snap decision and walk right into a trap. Take a breath, look at the board, and then make a smart play. Too often players get blinded by FINALLY get a pocket pair or hitting their Ace on the flop and end up giving their stack to someone with a straight or flush or just another Ace with a decent kicker.

Guess you could say actually controlling, your luck. :+1:

Playing play money poker with poop flinging monkeys you have very little control , raises mean nothing , odds and percentages ? What are those ? Very few poker players on here , most don’t want to learn or improve , just fling poop and hope to catch bingo on the river .

Bad beats happen way too often when playing play money with poop flinging monkeys …more like bingo than poker …get a bunch of callers every raise but those monkeys never raise their own hands only call and hope to catch bingo .

I think we have all lost our patience at times and thanks for the reminder. I try every hand to remember that control every hand and occasionally, I will slip up. But helps me even more in the future, to remember!

1 Like

I’m not a professional poker player, but I enjoy the game. One piece of advice I see over and over again is to not limp into the pot if you are the first player to act. Yet, I see this over and over again. If you act as the first player, you are to fold or raise. I know this is tough with some marginal hands, but the advice has been good for me. I believe that is one thing you can control.

1 Like

Only you can control your emotions. Don’t let anyone put you on tilt and if they do, report them

2 Likes

the clock on your play