What is a player rep?

As Flyfry said a Player Rep doesn’t have the authority to ban or mute players.

We are around to welcome new players , answer players questions and help out the best we can if a player has a problem.

1 Like

Why not call them Player Liaison, 1-2 months ago a deffinition was posted on what a Player Rep is, and for the life of me I don’t buy it.

Representative- a person chosen or appointed to act or speak for another or others, in particular.
Liaison- communication or cooperation that facilitates a close working relationship between people or organizations.

Even if they were… Player Support Reps, then mine and many other ppls brains wouldn’t wonder why these ppl aren’t representing us players… (ahemmm)… to staff. My brain sees “player rep”, and it says… ohh chain of command… player → rep → staff … yet these people are “representatives” for (support) staff → players …

I know what replay says they are/mean, but alot of ppl’s brains register “rep” differently.
This is why every so often this same question will be ask’d…

I thought the forums were to answers questions about the site. If you are here to answer questions about the site and game then shouldnt you be called replay reps? In what way do you all represent the players?

Well said Sassy. You are much more eloquent than I.

NotTheOne,
They are more to help ppl live, not on the forums, thats where Fizzymint comes in.
Sure thier title is slightly obtuse, but now that you know, go with the flow.

Ive always been a swim upstream type of guy. Sounds strange having you say go with the flow. lol

NotTheOne,
While I agree with you, … Its not worth the time to get chg’d…

I have nothing else to do. :wink:

Wow…lots of discussion here…only other comment I have is . I answered a question posted and then a "players Rep " said exactly what I had just said , so I took that as , I should just not bother to try to help since the Rep felt that his/her answer would have more merit than mine. Which btw was very annoying… just because you have a lame title doesn’t make your answer better than mine.

1 Like

That has been my exact point. Other players answer questions so why do we need reps? Their presence makes the game less social. Seems like wasted time and energy on a non existent problem. there are plenty of areas that couldve used that time a lot more than adding replay reps.

Exactly… All that I am trying to point out is that there are lots of players here who can help without the title , maybe Replay doesn’t want the help from us any longer.

We encourage all players to help each other out. All Player Reps want the same thing and that’s for the site to be here for years and years to come. I don’t have money to be able to support the site financially so I thought becoming a Player Rep would allow me to give back to the site.

Player Reps play on the site very frequently and have a good knowledge of the site and games that Replay offers.

Player Reps want to help out as much as possible by answering questions or by helping out a player with a problem such as dispute wise or if there is some type of tech problem with the site.

Player Reps have the same common goal and that’s simply to help grow the Replay Poker community.

If you are trying to give back to the site and grow the replay community, that isnt exactly a player rep is it? The players answer questions when asked at the tables I have played at and Ive played on a few. If you are technical support then that is all you had to say. So you are familiar with the systems and can answer all tech questions? If that is the case then you should be called tech support.

Marc , I appreciate the fact that you want to help out the site , I do also which is why I voice my opinion on here often . Lots of players give their opinion , answer questions and give suggestions , I think the point of the question was why do we now need Player Reps when we didn’t need them before.

What I meant about some type of tech problem was Player Reps inform the tech team so they can quickly fix it. For example I’m typically on late at night so if there were a problem to occur late night I could quickly let tech know about the issue so they could fix it quickly.

In my opinion I believe Player Reps are needed to simply help out Replay and to try and assist Replay players as much as possible.

Staff can’t be on all the time 24/7 so Player Reps simply try to help them out.

Player Reps aren’t staff and don’t have authority to ban or mute players which is what we DON’T want to do. We want to just help players out , teach new Poker players about the games Replay offers and we want to help try to build the community.

In my opinion, I dont believe they are needed at all. You say you do the things players already do themselves. The time and energy used to institute the reps couldve been used in a more positive fashion. when a rep shows up on a table, chat dries up. Makes the game less social and less fun in my opinion. that is nort how you grow a community. It is how police one and i dont think it is needed.

RALPHIE AND I HAVE NEVER CHANGED OUR CHAT-
ITS ALWAYS NUTTY-
PLAYER REPS DONT BOTHER US AT ALL!
ONLY ONE PROBLEM-
THEY DONT ALLOW SQUIRRELS 2 B REPS-
SQURL DISCRIMINATION!!!
THE NUT DOESNT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE!!

TOM
RALPHIES SECRETARY

1 Like

Reps don’t bother me , was just curious about why so many now. Wait , they do bother me when they answer a question I already answered .

I have only been a player rep for a couple of weeks, but I have noticed that if I chat in a positive way with folks (and they recognize that a player rep is at the table), they are less likely to play foolishly (bingo, etc). If that is true, everybody benefits.