Unfair to favor chip buyers

why is rank based on how many fake chips a player can buy as opposed to basing rank on ones skill? it seems u favor those players that BUY their rank and thus makes it a rigged game no different than cheating

4 Likes

@RelicHunter
How can buying chips be cheating?. The site wouldn’t exist if nobody bought chips.

whether they buy chips or not it does not change in the ranking it goes according to the way you play

[image]

1 Like

Ranking is based on the amount of chips a player has and that is all.

2 Likes

I’m personally not bothered about ranks, they don’t mean anything when you are at the table. Your stack and the way you play are what counts.

4 Likes

Show me the chips :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doritos or Pringles?

1 Like

Buy all the chips you want ! It keeps Replay going & I’m always looking for more chip

1 Like

Not true…i win and don,t buy!

@RelicHunter

Awhile back, we were trying to figure out how to determine skill level equating to rank level. Suggestions were to use something from the Statistics section e.g., pots won, at showdown or w/o showdown. Obviously, it went nowhere. Chips seemed the easiest way. So, …

What do you think can determine skill level??

If you sign up to play in the world seres of poker or any of the other major torunaments, they just want your entry fee, no questions about where you got it.

1 Like

The bottom line is the more chips you win, or buy, the higher you rank. So theoretically you can buy your way to # 1 .

That would cost a lot of money to buy to #1. It would be fun to take all of that players chips. come join me in a ring game we will have fun…:slight_smile:

I don’t understand whay players are so concerned about rank? Most people here are here to pass the time,meet some good people and have a bit of chat…in my opinion.
Like you said players can buy rank so why obsess over it? If i had my way rank would only be displayed if a player wanted it that way. I would choose not to show it or just to my friends only but Replay doesn’t give us that choice .
GL at the tables all

2 Likes

I agree 100% :+1:t2: so many people stress over rank.

3 Likes

Well said, my thoughts exactly.

1 Like

One should be able to look at a player’s bank & the year he joined RP to help determine skill level, but RP includes purchased chips in ranking, so rank is meaningless. I ignore it & take notes so I know who to avoid playing with.

I know that going all-in is an important part of Hold Em but I’m writing about Omaha Hi/Low, which is the only game I play & love. I come here to de-stress, but find the frustrations of dealing with all-in preflop grows daily.

Let me be clear - I don’t care what players do after the flop. I just feel all-in preflop hurts the game, and many of us toss great hands as we take pride in the chips we’ve earned, and won’t waste them…

Why not offer tables for those who enjoy going all-in preflop, aka Bingo.These players would love to play with each other & have their own tables. For those who know Omaha Hi/Low really well, they know going all-in preflop is very rare & limited to just a few hands. I never do it, but AA23 double-suited comes to mind…And A234 maybe. I find they lose more than they win…

RP depends on players buying chips so my suggestion is to use the “notes” feature, located next to “chat” & keep moving to a new table until you get a group of like-minded players. That’s all we can do. And don’t forget to endorse! Players that don’t go all-in preflop always get my endorsement!

3 Likes

I say keep bank balance and year joined private and people won’t have to obsess over someone elses chip count and concentrate on their own,

At the very least leave it up to each player if they want that info public…as for me i do not!

I would be happy to see everyone win %.