Timeout Alerts

I’d love a bigger buffer on the timeout alerts! Right now the “warning” sound seems to come with about 2 seconds left to act. You have to be VERY fast for it to actually save you from timing out.

In contrast, the sound that tells you “it’s your turn” is so quiet and unobtrusive that I rarely notice it.

In short, I would appreciate more aggressive sound alerts (or at least a player controlled option), as the status quo often fails to help me act in time when distracted (which is presumably the point of these features).

Thanks!

3 Likes

in fast games its just to tell your to late :wink:

2 Likes

Haha RIGHT?

I have noticed for example, quite often if I happen to switch to another browser tab while playing briefly, and I hear the time warning sound that my timer is about to run out, I switch back to the game window and I’m already sat out. There is definitely some sort of glitch where a few seconds disappear and you are left without any action to take. Obviously it’s ideal to be focused on the game at hand at all times, but using a web browser, it’s easy to get distracted by something else.

1 Like

There is a warning before timeout and at times, I may be distracted and late. However that tells me to be more focused on the game and hands in play when I miss them. Have fun always & gl on the tables. :slight_smile:

What browser are you using? It might be trying to save power by updating background tabs less often, and there may be a setting to turn that off.
There’s always going to be the potential for the Replay client and server to drift, which can introduce issues like this, but it actually sounds like it might be a browser issue in this case. Maybe using 2 separate browser instances instead of just different tabs might help?

Chrome. I know the setting you refer to and it’s disabled. It’s just something that’s always happened on this site, that’s all.

I don’t know how to explain this but it may help you in future, I’ll try:
Make it so the window you are playing in is not an active window, after I bid I click on my
desktop which makes my desktop active and NOT the window I am playing in. Of course if
you are using a full screen this could be difficult if not impossible. The result is you get two signals, one it’s your turn to bid and two is timeout approaching. Hope this helps.
cheers
greg

2 Likes