The fairness debate

how does replay consider this a game of skill when they control all outcome

1 Like

Hi zbandit,

As a Player Rep Iā€™m available to assist you. Is there something about the site that I can help you with?

Best,
Ron (vtpcwizard)

ā€œHi zbandit, No, I donā€™t believe the site is rigged. The siteā€™s Random Number Generator
has been certified by Gaming Associates against compliance requirements for highly
regulated jurisdictions. You can view the certificate through the RNG Certificate link at the
bottom of each Dashboard or Lobby page. Iā€™ve been playing poker here for about three years and have seen nothing to support that replay controls the out come.

2 Likes

that explains why iā€™m not yet ranked nr 1. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you marklou Replay Rep ( I call you Replay Rep since I have never had any Player Rep manage to get anything I ask done) for pointing this out. I think the issue is the dealing and not the generation on the deck. I personally have caught them dealing from the bottom of the deck numerous times. Could the dealing actually make a difference even though the deck is randomly generated?

sorry comp gen response but that last post was from eddie72 better lurk
next time

Thatā€™s a good question eddie72,
No I donā€™t see how this is possible. The dealer is a system function, and they cannot change
how it deals out the cards. Donā€™t you think itā€™s possible for playerā€™s to get lucky and then other playerā€™s donā€™t have any luck with the cards during bad dayā€™s. I like to play poker if Iā€™m having a bad day I donā€™t like losing but I have to be realistic no matter how good I play I get beat sometimes. Good luck on the tables!

3 Likes

You donā€™t see how it is possible to write a computer program to deal more flushes, to deal more pairs pre-flop, to deal more pairs on the flop, to deal more 4 card suits, or to deal more pairs with the river card? You donā€™t think much of the present capabilities of computer programmers at this time. I think it is possible. But just as you have not proof that it is not being done, I have no proof that it is. I do know that many here suspect and have strong opinions on this subject. Perception is reality. I learned long ago that there is no amount of facts that will change most peopleā€™s strongly held opinions.
Of course, having a high single digit IQ, Iā€™m smart enough to realize people have streaks of bad and good luck. Funny, donā€™t you think, how bad luck always lasts much longer than good luck.

Nahā€¦ I know that the good luck will be the same as the bad luck and most of the time I fold so there is a lot of no luck also. In every site I have been on my winnings have always risen. I donā€™t attribute that to good luck; I attribute it to my skill level. Instead what I have noticed is that when people lose a lot they look to blame others rather than their own mediocre play. Hence the silly ā€œthe game is riggedā€ and ā€œthe programmers did itā€ declarations. As the great Buffalo Springfield song told us: Paranoia strikes deep - Into your life it will creep. http://musictonic.com/music/For+What+Its+Worth#v=gp5JCrSXkJY

Scratch

5 Likes

Well stated RB!!

I just want to make this clear that at no time since I began playing have I ever stated that the game is rigged.
It has been obvious for sometime that Scratch and it now appears you yourself Rail-Bird have been baptized in the Replay faith. Now Scratch is special so he is not a good example of the population of players but I would wager that most people would agree that one has more bad luck than good. Again excluding the Special Scratch.
You ask why would Replay ā€œfix the dealingā€. PAYROLL!!! Payroll ever week is why. 10/15/20 employees is why. Having to meet payroll is not something most businesses want to leave to chance. Are they doing this? I doubt it. Is it rigged in any way? I doubt it. But I wouldnā€™t bet any money on it either.
Thank you for volunteering, but what you do for players escapes me but your defense of Replay doesnā€™t which is why you seem more a Replay Rep than a players rep.

1 Like

We have no idea what percentage of people think the software is off because nobody has ever polled the players. Everyone here speaks for themselves and no one elseā€¦except the people who represent Replay.

SHILL
noun
An accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

1 Like

You mean like when you noticed the software flaw in the satellite tourneys?
Oh! Thatā€™s right. That wasnā€™t you. It was me.
And you got upset about it.
Funny isnā€™t itā€¦how the poker expert canā€™t find any ducks but gets upset when someone else finds one, bags it and slaps it down on the kitchen table.
When I advised Replay staff of the flaw and demonstrated how the program was incorrectly issuing prizes and incorrectly listing final standings, what did you do?
You attacked me! Staff thanked me and you attacked me, LOL talk about crossed wires.

Now donā€™t take this the wrong way. I find it all slightly entertainingā€¦the greetings, the poker guru ruse, the veiled insults and subsequent walk-backs. Even the appeals to private chat are funny in a kinda sad & creepy way, The dichotomy of acting concerned with a clean thread while spamming the board with tons of internet junk is itself worthy of professional analysis.

But I suspect this Vegas act is nearing the end of itā€™s run. The idea of Replay Reps helping and promoting the interest of players became tragedy and is now repeating as farce. There are still a few believers in housecoats and sweatpants and they will be loyal for awhile. Hope dies hard and the self important continue to speak long after the crowd has lost interest. But as with Fat Elvis, the poison eventually wins.

1 Like

Youā€™re quite right Mr. W, more than you knowā€¦ Seriously, You and the tribe shouldnā€™t have to deal with an old washed up geezerā€¦ Although you have mistaken me for someone else you were arguing with about the softwareā€¦ Weā€™ve never had harsh words beforeā€¦ Please look it up if you willā€¦
Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts with me Mr. Wā€¦

I just wish that all those who complain about Replay would just put their shoes on and vote with their feet.
If you are unhappy with playing here, why do you keep coming back?
If you hate it so much, do yourself (and us) a favor and just stop coming back.

4 Likes

John - This is only a guess on my part but I honestly think that there are people who exist in a state of perpetual misery and who wish to inflict this misery on as many other people as humanly possible. The internet gives them a convenient avenue. Me, you (and a dog named Boo) and most other people are here for entertainment. These other folks are here to pee in the punch bowl because they cant stand the idea of other people having fun while they are miserable,

Just my guess. If worthy of consideration, please drop a nickel in the change jar :slight_smile:

BTW, if you are in Florida, or anywhere in the path of the storm, I hope you and yours stay safe. Same goes for everyone else.

7 Likes

My two cents worth , sure there is a lot of weird and freaky stuff that happens on this site but the same things happen on all play money sites.The reason players stay , at least in my case is , I have met some great people here , I have fun and itā€™s free entertainment.Most of the staff is eager to help with issues and will defend the site till their last breath,even though I am sure they see some of the unrealistic stuff that goā€™s on , there is no point arguing with them.Replay listens to suggestions and is open to making changes so I give them credit for having this forum for players to be able to voice their opinion. Do I get bad beats , yes quite often ā€¦ do I get mad , yes every timeā€¦ but then I move on to a new game , chat with the talkers , complain some more about my latest bad beat in that game . In my opinion , you have to go with the flow , make the best of it and you will enjoy your time on here , if you only find faults , it will not be enjoyable and you are only making yourself miserable .

8 Likes

=============================================================================
Rail-BirdPlayer RepJul 17
"Greetings to my wanna be ā€œOutlawā€ Replay Family, :sunglasses:
So some of you guys got extra tickets you shouldnā€™t haveā€¦ Then, instead of doing the right thing and reporting it immediately and returning the tickets you got. :grin: Youā€™re all keeping it going to see how far it will goā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure none of you returned your ill gotten gains. :tired_face:Then you come on here in front of the whole world and tell on yourself ! ! ! :fearful:
Is there anybody itching to rob a bank with this group ? ? ? :sunglasses:

As Don Rickles would sayā€¦"

============================================================================
That was from the ā€œSatellite to 5K Happeningsā€ thread which I started.
I was the one who got an unearned ticket as I was demonstrating the flaw in the software openly and after advising Replay I was going to run the test,
Farce.

3 Likes

I agree with this Sharon. Staff is always very helpful and polite. I donā€™t think I have ever argued with staff, But staff and Replay Reps are two different things. I have no problem calling out Reps when they make untrue, biased or condescending statements.

6 Likes

Same hereā€¦ my other issue with SOME Reps is they answer a question already answered by just us regular folks , makes me feel like they think if they repeat what I said , that makes my correct answer more correct.

1 Like