The fairness debate

We have already established that when you are showing down 93% of your winning hands that means the pots you win will be small, and it also makes it likely that the pots you lose will be large. It sounds as if you have been playing really passively. It doesn’t seem likely that anything will convince you. We both joined the site in the same month and have played a similar number of hands, and I have 48,900,000 while you have 48,600. Either I have some secret god looking out for me or I am not terrible at playing Replay-style poker. That doesn’t say anything about us as people or even as poker players in real-money poker, but players on Replay like to play passively and call a lot, and you need to make them pay the price in order to win. Bad beats will happen, but that’s ok in the long run.

I can’t lose my whole bankroll because I use bankroll management and dont risk a large proportion of my chips at once. So, according to your theory, someone at Replay has chosen me to win so that they look good? How could that possibly work and why would they do that when almost nobody would know? As I have said, I have faced many bad beats, probably thousands of them, but that is the nature of poker, and I still win consistently.

In the past 10 months I have had 1 day when I lost more than 600,000 chips, and 12 days when I won more than 1,000,000, so I am not too sure I’ll go broke, not to mention that the increases have been exponential as I’ve moved up the stakes.

I have lost a million chips with KK against AA and another million with a full house losing to a bigger full house on the river. That’s what happens when you play poker.

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling:

Wow. You got extremely extremely lucky. You got a good price to call on the flop because the re-raise was tiny and there were so many callers. You should definitely 100% have folded on the turn. You had no business calling 900,000 into a pot of 1.4 million when someone clearly already had a straight. You had a 16% chance to win. And yet here you are complaining about how Replay is treating you unfairly?

Those aren’t the kind of hands I win/lose because I would never pay that kind of price for a draw.

I divided flops seen (127,107) by total hands played (305,952), then multiplied by 100

Say you played 10 hands and saw 5 flops: 5/10 = 1/2 = 0.5; 0.5 X 100 = 50%

The numbers in the stats never seem to add up right, so I used the raw number of hands data.

My stats are from playing SNGs by far, very little ring and very little SNGs and I avoid HUs like the plague. I also tend to play more 6 player than 9 player.

I agree I am more passive in the LP. I am fearful of all the trappers lurking.

Thank you, Qu, Joe and Sun… great help.

The wonderful world of quantum physics has demonstrated that reality can adapt itself to our expectations. Believing that you will get a specific outcome can actually affect and manifest that outcome.

For example, one experiment had the subject concentrate on a pRNG that was programmed to spit out more or less random 1s or 0s. When the subject concentrated on 1’s, the results were skewed towards 1’s. Not a huge amount, mind you, but a statistically meaningful amount. The same was true if they concentrated on 0’s.

Those who really believe the site is rigged against them are, in effect, the ones rigging the site. In other words, if you really believe your aces will be cracked, that result will be more likely to happen.

Wow!

123,332/152,369=0.809; 0.51 X 100 = 81%

At a 9 seat table, you can expect to have the best hand BY THE RIVER about 11% of the time. At a 6 seat table, roughly 17% of the time. Many of these will be trash hands with no preflop value, such as that 72 you fold, just for the board to come K727Q.

Playing that many hands, I would guess you hit 2nd or bottom pair a lot and probably stick with it too long. You would also probably get out kickered a lot. Anyway, playing that many hands is a MAJOR leak.

By the way, it’s not a matter of rooting for a hand. You have to believe. It’s the difference between hope and faith.:wink:

2 Likes

The only thing left for you to do then is to make at least 2 or 3 posts a day showing us all your bad beats. I might also suggest knashing your teeth and possibly tearing out your hair as you accuse everyone who will listen of being in a giant free poker rigging conspiracy designed to specifically make your life a living hell.

Oh wait, you already do that… nevermind. :slightly_smiling:

My only other question is this… if you find it to be irritating and not fun, why on earth do you keep playing here? I mean, I hate hitting myself in the head with a big hammer, so I never visit the Hit Yourself In The Head With A Big Hammer franchise, even though it’s right down the street.

“When a pickpocket meets a Holy Man, he sees only the pockets,” Hari Dass

Peace