Specific Methods for Success in Poker

Good day all.

Strategies???

First of all…

This is nothing like real poker, and many people strategize and post ways to play.

However…

This is ONLY bingo poker… the only resemblance to real poker is the rules. It all goes out the door after that.

The biggest difference between this and real poker is…

Almost every hand, almost every player every hand, gets to see a cheap flop.

That does not happen in real poker.

There are more differences…

Many more…

But real poker strategies do not work in play (bingo) poker.

Sites like this do nothing to improve poker skills…

All play chips poker has done is teach the noobs that any two cards can win,

So it also could be called “chase” poker.

That’s fine for people who don’t care, but just don’t pretend (or post) that real poker strategies work in this format.

3 Likes

Hi @RealPokerGod

GL at the Tables!

1 Like

I remember another player on this site that hasn’t played much for a bit but reached a pretty high rank that used PPP. I’m probably going to mess up on what each P was, but I think it was something like:

• Position
  • Percentages
  • Patience

When I first heard that, I wanted to make it PPPP

• Patience
  • Percentages
  • Position
  • Pressure
1 Like

Well my simple yet complicated system might be whom u r referring to … but my daily “Rank” might not allow me to have your acknowledgment as a good player … but that’s for another discussion lol

I Call it POPS :slight_smile:

P (Position)
O (Odds)
P (Player)
S (Stack)

It has done me ok

Good luck at the tables … The Goat :goat: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I believe, I know the player as well and very good method for success.

1 Like

My Friend @Goatsoup Great method to apply in every hand played.
As always GL at the tables everyone & always have fun !

1 Like

The many players that think the best way to win is to just bet, no matter the cards they hold. I call them Money players. They always lose eventually. Some call them bluffers. Play when you get cards and watch the other players. Don’t over think and play the odds. I don’t care what others have, just my hand. There are not that many good players, I try to be one but any player of any skill can beat you. I don’t always remember that one.

2 Likes

Great method for success, we have a lot in common my friend. I never go into a tournament to beat a player or player’s, but to beat the goal I set for me. GL at the tables Tx

[Quote]
However…

The biggest difference between this and real poker is…

Almost every hand,
almost every player,
almost every hand,
gets to see a cheap flop.

That does not happen in real poker.

There are more differences [/quote]

(from the little I’ve watched in real life)

TRUE

2 Likes

Hi @heyortin , I’m a bit confused, is this your method for success? Please expand on. Thanks and GL at the tables

1 Like

In the tournaments I play, I can’t say there is a specific method, I’m trying to win chips so making the money is the goal with ultimately winning the tourney.
Each hand is a unique experience.
Focus is a word that comes to mind.

Looking for “Fish”, particularly early on, is a part of my method.
Spotting for someone on tilt is another.
Consider what you’re thinking of doing before it’s your turn to bet.

You certainly need patience, and a lot.
You definitely need discipline, sometimes that’s very difficult when you have to fold a premium hand.
Faith, well…I guess that would be hoping Lady Luck treats you well, there’s good times and bad times with that and it can often seem the bad times just won’t quit, but you gotta keep your faith that the good times will again roll your way, then you can roll away the blues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tight/aggressive and if you’re not sure, let it go.

2 Likes

LOL, I have no method for success.

When I sit in at a tournament,

I shoot to finish in the top 50%.

Then, top 33%.

Then, in the $$$$.

Maybe make it to the final table.

Watch the fireworks.

Wait for mistakes.

3 Likes

All, Great methods for success. I never go into a tournament to beat a player or player’s but to beat the goal, I set for me.

when in doubt fold them out think you will win pray and go all in :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @lori2u , thank you for your reply and welcome to the community forum. Please continue to join us all, in all of the topics. I also follow the first part of you method, often & occasionally the second as well. Have fun & gl at the tables!

Tem que conhecer primeiro o jogo da mesa, entender o ritmo. O comportamento dos jogadores, ter fé que o seu jogo vai ser melhor, arriscar pouco e ter muita paciência. Esta é a minha fórmula.

Yes I agree that patience is very important.

1 Like

Absolutely @BluffaloKing , I think it’s tough for all of us at times to remember in a MTT, is basically an elimination tournament that normally will take a long time to conclude, regardless how aggressive we play.

The only success you can hope for on this site is landing in the seat the algorithm favours nothing else, the amount of times one player wins 80-90% of all hands is just a joke considering their starting hand

1 Like