Site freezing regularly

It’s fixed for good. 2 days now everyone is reporting and I played a SNG this afternoon with absolutely no problems.

1 Like

It’s not fixed until they say they found the problem and fixed it.

If site traffic is down, and it is, that alone could make this look fixed when it isn’t.

It’s not fixed until they isolate and fix the root causes.

4 Likes

still having problems, I see. Played 3 games, 2 out of 3 still freezing up, and can’t bet, or fold, sad!!

So I see they deleted my comment calling out the seemingly padded player’s online list, very suspect.

Yet still the padded online list is still showing up, makes me think it’s intentional… hmmmm

I played yesterday a half hour on 2 tables. Long delay after clicking a button. 4-5 players on table, speed down at 38 hands/hour, other tables down at 30. Very slow, half speed.
2 weeks ago I started playing on a promotion, played many hours/day without pause. 5 hours was all ok, no problem, then came one of the big freezes, all tables standing. Playing only one hour for testing, and saying then all is perfect now is not very good. It comes and goes.
Today I played a half hour and the delays was away. I will wait what comes.

1 Like

Maybe I was at a lucky table :wink: I’ll play a few more today but yesterday tables were full of players, you could see table speed from the lobby and the dozens I watched looked good, real good. I don’t play ring so I can’t comment on that.

1 Like

again played multiple mtt’s, saw no lag on actions did see some lag at the end of games

1 Like

Two Days, Two SNG, 150K In Chips, Site Freezing also Other player having problems.
Two Inquires To Replay and ZERO Responses. Zero Refunds.
Bad Business.

1 Like

Button delay again. Many tables < 40 hands/hour on lobby. A 4 seat table without chat down at 27 hands/hour. Very slow.

3:00 pm USA time.

1 Like

It’s a holiday in the United States so Google is closed. 3 day weekend.

No actual freeze but–
Last 3 players. SNG table. Click any Call, Fold, Call or Raise button and they turn dim and locked, Slight delay and then the response. Almost like a new feature but very annoying not being sure if it took.
Consistent for many minutes. Around 4:30pm US Eastern.

2 Likes

^^ i saw this too in my last mtt

1 Like

Tablespeed now normal, no delay.
7:30 pm USA time.

1 Like

i just played a small SnG with no issues at all.

10:15 eastern

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “padded,” but all “players online” really means is that they have a tab running with replay loaded. I have had Replay tabs open for weeks at a time, so it doesn’t mean much.

5 Likes

Same here. I close them on my desktop and laptop but I always have an open tab on my phone. I even thought that might have something to do with the site lagging and freezing but nahhhhh.

1 Like

5:20PM, 2-3 Second Delay In ALL Games.
Get Serious Replay, or Lose Serious Customers.
(Good Help is Tough to Find Now, however, Fire Your Top Tech. and HIRE NEW. You will collect the cost increase in a short time.)
Last Free Private Consultant Advise

2 Likes

just need Darth Vader be in charge. bet both replay and google cloud tech figure it out real fast

1 Like

I watched a hand replay, then tried to use the “previous” button to go back and watch earlier hands. Here’s a scren shot of what i got. I’m posting it in this thread because it might be related, and might help them understand the problem better.

2 Likes

I work in IT for a large financial company. We have dozens of interconnected live systems that all depend on each other. I’ve seen more times than I can count a manager who is responsible for a failing system try to falsely blame another system. Or sometimes, in an even more snakelike manner, try to blame another without actually blaming them. I’ll sometimes see managers throw up a smokescreen of half-truths in the hopes of changing the narrative to suit them. This way if they’re shown to be incorrect they can conveniently back-peddle and say “you misunderstood me”

Let’s take a close look at some of Rodrigo’s carefully chosen words that it seems he hoped would lead us to believe the fault lies with Google Cloud.

As of right now, we believe the problem lies in a service hosted at Google Cloud Server,

Hosted on Google Cloud. OK. But Google did not build the Replay poker application. You are leasing computing resources that execute the code you developed. Your hosting provider is irrelevant. You should not be mentioning Google Cloud any more than a desktop app developer should be mentioning Intel for a crash. But notice he isn’t really blaming Google. He’s hoping the reader will simply conclude that Google Cloud has failed somehow. If he’s challenged on this later he can just say “you misunderstood me.”

and we are in close contact with them.

What does this mean precisely? It subtly implies you’re waiting on them to fix something. But what?

They need a bit more time to review and debug issues on the messaging system used to connect the game with our servers

Your hosting provider is reviewing and debugging? Sorry but this doesn’t happen. Hosting is infrastructure and they would never debug and would only review an application’s logs if it was a “managed” solution, but…

(hosted and managed by them).

Managed is another convenient and clever word choice. In the plain meaning of the word it might imply a higher degree of responsibility. In the IT world a “managed” service is hosting+monitoring and sometimes a team who will execute predetermined support actions. When you purchase a “managed solution” you’re only purchasing additional support. We usually call this Level 1 support. They have a playbook written by the developers which is to be followed exactly. If there is an issue they can’t resolve using the playbook they escalate to Level 2, which is usually either a developer of the system or someone who knows it well enough to make a judgment call. But there is no way you can pass blame to the bottom level of a support hierarchy. They are more or less drones carrying out very specific instructions.

I’ll apologize if Replay can show evidence this is Google’s fault instead of theirs, but I very sincerely doubt the lag issues have anything to do with Google Cloud. I dislike Google as a company for a plethora of reasons, but I don’t like seeing someone unjustly blamed for other’s failures.

3 Likes