Should I just give in and adjust my strategy?

I’m pretty new here, but have been holding. my own. I came to learn that maniacs are way more
prevalent here, so be it. Pushing pre flop etc. but now I notice more and more players are calling to the river with garbage, because they see how regularly rewarding it is. Today, various stakes from freerolls
to 5k (100k yesterday) my premium hc’s AA,KK ,QQ AK, JJ etc, were busted on the river eight times with either flush or straight. Raise pre-flop, push after flop, slow play, check-raise…doesn’t matter, you go down on the river. Oh, I was short stacked, on the bubble in a tourney, so I went all in with pckt 9’s…got called with KK and AQ. K hit on the flop but didn’t matter, i beat them both with a flush on the river. wtf

1 Like

https://forums.replaypoker.com/t/the-fairness-debate/2578

2 Likes

AWWW, it is a free fun poker site and be prepared to be chased to the river and beyond lol:).

3 Likes

Should I just give in and adjust my strategy?

Welcome!

‘si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more’

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

You’re actually on the right path.

Your awareness of your surroundings and your adaptive skills will lead you back to your winning ways.

Just be patient and realize it may take some time to get to your destination.

1 Like

Bad players are everywhere… in real money games both in person and online, and in no money games both in person and online. They are more of them in free poker as there are no real life consequences. There is nothing you can do about them except avoid them if you can. Personally I view them as an opportunity, but no matter where or when you play poker you WILL play against them. As long as how they play is within the rules there is nothing to be done, and I don’t see the rules changing anytime soon. Keep on playin’, have fun, and learn as much as you can. :grinning: Peace!

2 Likes

Sometimes we have to adjust, one strategy ain’t going to work on every single hand and in every single tournament. Sometimes a gut instinct or a spidey sense can help. Just luck of the draw as to what the board brings, so play it one hand at a time.

3 Likes

IMO strategy must be adjusted when needed for each hand at times depending on the opponents play/ results to card patterns and stack size, etc. The important thing for me is to be adaptable to change my strategy in any playing situation. It takes time, games, hands and experience, but you will develop different strategy’s for situations also. Have fun & gl at the tables :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best advice in ANY format (fun or cash) is play the player, i am old, i learned this lol:).

3 Likes

I usually wait them out until I get a big hand, but I don’t generally go all in early in games.

1 Like

Spot on advice, play the player !!! :+1:

1 Like