RPP algorithm from someone who knows what he's talking about

oh…thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Unless you get cards when sitting out. haha.

Unless you are playing stud - then it’s really hard to tell if you would have won :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea … my thoughts were something like Mersenne Twister seeded daily from something like random.org.

Your idea is not so simple to implement but vastly improves “randomness”. I like it!

Regards,
TA

I dunno how they do it, but old school RNGs did a call to the system clock, then used the last X numbers as a seed. The clock is counting billions of cycles per second, so the last digits are pretty random.

Actually, I think they do deal you cards when you are sitting out, so that wouldn’t make a difference. Anyway, they do order the whole deck, then deal from the top one at a time, like a real deck.

One of these days I will start answering only those questions to which i know the answers, That would be out of character, but maybe…

1 Like

I’d be much happier if the deck was DISordered prior to dealing :slight_smile:

Regards,
TA
(who keeps his hands to himself)

2 Likes

Hope all the player read this and see there is no reason for Replay to be any thing but fair.

2 Likes

Hi spivAK,
If you had written your name as above you would have had your name as a poker neolism.
Which Spivak are you related to? The calculus master or the Russian number theory person (see: Proofs from The Book 6th editon…two squares theorem and a certain involution theorem).
Nice to see someone take the time to provide their expertise (at the cost of their patience) to explain some basic and important concepts as applied to poker and other gaming. Epstein’s book is worth a consult for everyone as well.
I hope you have looked into quantum information theory and two different bases concerning probablilty…Shannon’s and the “other one.” Also, I hope you are familiar with Van Raamsdonk’s award winning paper on gravity and the structure of space-time. God may not play with dice (probably does…pun intended) but must also play poker! Cheers!

Stating the obvious, my poker name alludes to “I’ve got you covered… tarp-wise.”