RPOS CONTEST - What's on your poker playlist?

Hi, Austin, welcome and good luck at the games.

1 Like

Well, have to say that the Gambler by Kenny Rogers gave me my earliest poker advice…you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run…

but then I heard Madonna’s version of Gambler and I like the idea that I take people by surprise…

you can’t stop me now… :slight_smile:
Sometimes I find myself staring down a player like I was at a live table and feel like I have my Poker Face on, so …

Queens have always been lucky for me, one of my nicknames was even TQ (table queen), so Juice Newton’s Queen of Hearts is always a favorite…

Because I am comfortable playing a short stack in MTTs, probably the most played song is Staying Alive by the Bee Gees…

The last one is mostly a prayer, used when I have the nuts…

5 Likes

Hey Jude by the Beatles always took me back to my high school days. We used to have marathon poker games during the summer and Hey Jude was always the song we started the games by. #2 would be Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly. It is a song that always produced energy and good hands it seemed. #3 Time Has Come Today by the Chambers Brothers. This song was always played before the final hand was to be played. It being a long song was really played while we played the last hand. #4 Bohemian Rhapsody was usually played for long periods of time after a day or so because we all just had to join in and sing along, brought us renewed energy. #5 25 or 6 to 4. Going into our third straight day did any of us know what time it was? Always made us laugh. That is all from Bubbaluke. Remembering the days that were.

2 Likes

Cold play (Fly on)
Moby (Go)
Paul & Fritz Kalkbrenner (Sky & Sand)
Abba (Winners takes it all)
Bruce Springsteen ( Tougher Than the Rest)

1 Like

War, pick up the pieces, every day people, Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, Stayin’ Alive, The Gambler

1 Like

All of me, When I think of Home, Chain Gang, A change is gonna come, Perfect Praise

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks ; Joe Satriani - Summer Song ; Eric Johnson - Cliffs Of Dover ; Steve Vai - For The Love Of God ; Phish - Tweezer.

2 Likes

America Neil Diamond A great song telling how great this country Stars and stripes and eagle flies, Aaaron Tippon, telling if you dont like here, thats too bad. Islands in the stream, Dolly Pardon and Kenny Rogers, Because I love my wife… Gambler Kenny Roge Be

1 Like

Remember when by Alan Jackson
Lights of the City by Journey
Johnson Boys by The Barn Owl Ban
Little Bird Of Heaven By Reeltime Travelers
Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show

1 Like

I like all good music from big bands, blues from the 30’s, soul, motown, and good old rock and roll. But here is 5;
The Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Chicago 1st album (black cover double album)
Harry Nillsen Jump into the fire
Led Zeppelin 2nd album
Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon

3 Likes
  1. Nightwish - Carpenter
  2. Disturbed - Sound of silence
  3. Home Free - Man of constant sorrow
  4. Judas Priest - Love bites
  5. Megadeth - Symfony of destruction
1 Like

Fun Idea - I usually choose songs I move to interspersed with quieter songs that are special to me.

1. A mover Take 'Em Away, Old Crow Medicine Show
  2. Quiet but helpful during this horrid year Some Humans Ain’t Human, by the late great John Prine
  3. Another mover Friend of the Devil, Jerry Garcia
  4. Slow mover You Ain’t Going Nowhere, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
  5. And another quiet song Days Like This, Van Morrison
    Is it cheating to put six? Well, if I could, I’d include Cocaine, Eric Clapton
2 Likes

“Hello Zepp” I love play with this song.

2 Likes

(1) Instant Karma
(2) Get Back
(3) Sympathy for the Devil
(4) Dazed and Confused
(5) Whipping Post

2 Likes

House that built me, Miranda Lambert. Her voice is calming!
Blake Shelton, Ol Red… Hes just awesome!
KId Rock, Summer Hes fast and pumps me up!
stevie ray Vaughn Voodoo child, Best guitar player to me~
ACDC back in black, my go to song on most things I do

1 Like

I love anything country, The Gambler is my favourite for poker cause u have to know when to fold em and when to hold em and know when to walk away.

1 Like

freddy mercury with montserrat caballe Barcelona. omd enola gray, taken by trees sweet child o mine. billy joel the piano man. dusty springfield going back. fantastic songs that fill me with emotions.

1 Like

always a pleasure. in no particular order here are 5 songs 1-parting glass…an Irish piece…i toast all upon leaving any tourney .usually with coffee. 2-down in a hole by alice n chains…just fits the mood of the table on most occasions. 3-let’s dance by bowie since every game is nothing but a dance. 4-burning down the house by the talking heads when i am fortunate to be in the winners circle. 5-moonlight sonata by Beethoven relaxing to the soul of all.

2 Likes

My all-time starter song that stirs me is watching the video of THE BE GEES STAYING ALIVE WOW. as they are strutting along really just gets me PUMPED.
Mostly though I listen to any good relaxing music and ana awful lot of ABBA music.
Generally though I have to listen to my wifes dulcet tones.GOOD LUCK ALL

2 Likes

lol i personally loved blondie :slight_smile:

1 Like