RPOS CONTEST - What's on your poker playlist?

If there’s one thing we’ve learned about our community, it’s that you love to share your favorite music! In honor of our upcoming Replay Poker Online Series VIII, we want to know that you’ll be listening to while you hunt for tickets.

What are the top five songs on your poker playlist and why?

Your songs don’t have to be poker related, but don’t forget to tell us why you chose them! Be sure to tell us both the song title and the artist so that the community can easily search for your songs.

As thanks for sharing your favorites, we’ll be awarding five random participants with the following ticket package to use in RPOS:

5 x 20k RPOS tickets
1 x 100k RPOS ticket

Winners will be drawn on Friday, September 25th – just in time to have those tickets ready for the main event. We can’t wait to see (and hear) your choices!

3 Likes

The Gambler by Kenny Rogers always get me in the mood to play poker

Crazy Train by Ozzy Osburne get’s me hyped up and makes me feel energized. I usually listen to it right before starting an MTT

Poker Face by Lady Gaga is a good, fun song to listen to while playing poker.

4 O’clock Rumble by John Cameron is a great song to listen to when making the final table. This is the WSOP theme music on ESPN.

And of course whenever winning an MTT the prefect song to listen to is We Are The Champions by Queen!

-Marc

5 Likes

Mostly I need the music to make me feel light-hearted, confident and badd-ass! My choices include the following:

YouTube?

5 Likes

Great memories , feel good music.

3 Likes

Just makes me happy!

2 Likes

since it’s hard to name just 5 i’ll try to add one from 5 different bands i love. the reason for that is to give more variation to the songs i post here, but they are all amazing imo.

band: nightwish
song: shudder before the beautiful

band: epica
song: consign to oblivion

band: powerwolf
song: demons are a girls best friend

band: xandria
song: sacrificium

band: eluveitie
song: a rose for epona

2 Likes

like music from around the world
Ghana

Morrocco

France

scotland

Manchester

2 Likes

“Battle Without Honor Or Humanity” by Tomoyasu Hotei. For those who have seen Kill Bill, this tune will be familiar. I used to click this track on whenever I got pocket Aces - portends of good things happening, going in battle.

“All I Want Is You” by U2. A classic, beautiful track, which I would click on whenever I made the money, as a treat for making a profit, as affirmation to the Poker Gods that all I want is more bankroll.

“Jump In The Line” by Harry Belafonte. Simply one of the catchiest, danciest songs every made. I defy anyone to not tap their toes to this song. I defy you! And if you say you didn’t - you lie. Heh, just a good song to remind myself to enjoy poker and not take it too seriously.

“Invitation to the Blues” by Tom Waits. Ah well, this one is for those times when the cards just don’t fall your way, when the Poker Gods ignore your pleas and it all goes sideways. And if you choose to play poker, you are accepting an invitation to the blues. A great track from one of the best albums ever - “Small Change.”

“Miller’s Crossing (End Titles)” by Carter Burwell. A lovely track with an exalting climax. This one is a “the night is ending, no more poker tonight” kinda track, a soothing and beautiful melody. And a really great movie too.

2 Likes

My playlist changes from time to time, depending on mood and results!

1. Yuve Yuve Yu - The Hu (Not the one with Pete Townsend)

This is an uplifiting and pacy Mongolian throat singing tune, it’s bouncy and can help get into a good mood.

1. Rach III Full - Sergei Rachmaninoff

This amazing piece of music is almost the length of the first session before a break of an MTT, it’s pacy, has many moving parts and is emotive. Great for focus!

1. Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Similar to the above tune, another emotive and pacy tune. Get for getting in the mood for poker!

1. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

If I take a beat and need to chill, I will sing along to this Pink Floyd classic. The words are inspiring and the music is memorising. You can easily transport to a happier place.

1. O Fortuna - Carl Orf

When I was playing MTTs very regularly and was card dead, I would often put this tune on as a symbolic change of fortune, and scarily it often worked. Was the devil at play here?

Have fun in this contest and RPOS VIII!

GD

(This entry does not count towards the prize draw!)

7 Likes

Miranda Lambert House that built me! Keith Urban blues not your color!
Kid Rock Happy New Year!
Blake Shelton Gods Country!
Travis Trit Country Club!

1 Like

Once a millionaire with a great rep on Replay Poker, then, one day, all the millions on a flush - lost with a smaller kicker …

… broke … Dark Was The Night …

I was just gonna play Roy Orbison’s ‘Crying’ when a deck of cards fell outta my only coat … and as those kings and queens and deuces stared up at me … I told them ‘… Don’t you tell me no truths, I want all of your lies…’ and decided to Rumble and Sway with the bluff …

I picked up the deuce, stood up in the rain and headed for Replays free chips, hearing … ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling…’

Headed for the table with the free stack.
A high roller was at the table bullying everyone.
First hand - dealt an unsuited 2 and 5 with nothing after the river.
I was just about to fold when Pitbull’s Timber came on and I heard … ’ bigger they are - the harder they fall…’

ALL IN!

1 Like

Top on my list is “Money for Nothing” by Dire Straits because I can’t resist typing that in the chat when all players pass.
Next has to be “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers. I am pretty good at fold em…and am currently working on my hold em.
Next would be “House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals.
Since I’m a lady most of the time, can’t forget a song that is older than most of us, “Luck Be A Lady” by Frank Sinatra.
Then there’s “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones.
I really enjoyed listening to some of these songs that I’ve never heard before…going to add “Make Me Dance” by Wiyaala.

1 Like

Well shoot…I was gonna post, but since I have yet to take a table at RPOS, I guess I will refrain for now.
Hmmmm…no, on second thought - I’m gonna call:

These songs to me represent the different tides available at any moment, on any table.

Sometimes you are the storm:
Tool - The 7empest

Other times, your chips are swept away:
Puscifer - Horizons

Sometimes it is taking a chance…so be the Joker:
Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Sometimes it just pays to be patient:
Tool - The Patient

And then sometimes, you win it all:
Queen - We Will Rock You

Guess I better find a table at RPOS now…ha ha!
Take care all

1 Like

DAVE EDMUNDS I HEAR YOU KNOCKING

1 Like

SLEDGE HAMMER

1 Like

THE VOICE

1 Like

1) Blondie: Call Me
—especially when I have AA----

2) David Guetta - Titanium ft. Sia
I’m bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won’t fall

1. “Hall of Fame” – The Script
    The song will remind you of your worth and what you can accomplish.

4) Kenny Rogers - The Gambler

You’ve got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

1. Journey - Don’t Stop Believin

Gets you back on track

4 Likes

Too many good ones, but I listen to ----- Mountain Music by Alabama, Dumas Walker by Ky. Headhunters, Beer for My Horses by Toby Keith, Bluebird by Miranda and You Shook Me all night long by ACDC……

2 Likes
4 Likes

thriller
another one bites the dust
butterfly effect
poker face
the gambler

1 Like