Romantic slow dance music

I got to see Alvin Lee with the Alvin Lee Band circa 1988 at the Greek (amphi) Theatre in Hollywood circa 1988. Took a Friday night off from the Hilton (poker dealer) and made the five-hour trek to L.A. from Vegas. Could have seen him in Vegas with Ten Years After the following Monday. Didn’t know that. He was sandwiched between Roger McGuinn (solo) and Steppenwolf as the headliner. Third time seeing them. It’s funny that, to this day, my main memory of the concert was being directed by the parking flunkies up a hill and parking on this beautiful green grass. After 4-5 years of desert living she was my mistress of sorts and that was a sacrilege! Trampling so much life! Good concert despite that primary memory! Ten Years After last album got bad reviews. I liked most of it. Own it. One of those first times of learning to never trust the critics. The title song. Poker players should fall asleep listening to it maybe! A bit off topic…sorry…not really…lol… Cheers! Ten Years After = Positive Vibrations - YouTube

May not be remarkably slow, but definitely romantic!

6 Likes

Wow, that’s something to see. Thanks.

1 Like

Here’s a cover of a great song by a great singer.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Originally performed by the Shirelles, this cover is by Carole King. A little bird whispered in my ear that James Taylor was part of the recording’s backup chorus.

5 Likes
1 Like

I was gonna post the original by Bread. This one is good too!

…she looks straight at Ed, not at he…:wink:

2 Likes

7 Likes
3 Likes

Here’s a favorite I had forgotten. Getting old can do that, unfortunately. It almost makes me look forward to meeting old friends again for the first time.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
6 Likes

Beautiful Thank yoou

1 Like

They don’t make that kind of music anymore, it’s a pity.

3 Likes

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite slow dance numbers ever. Used to play bass for the Rockin’ Teenbeats in the 50’s, and this was generally on our set list.

2 Likes