Replay Poker site history from the beginning

Thanks for your interest in the history of the site, Alan25main. I’m probably the best to answer those questions as I’ve been around the longest, at least from amongst the staff. So here goes…

1. The domain was bought in January 2005, and the website went live later that year. There were three Swedish founders originally, an investor, a developer and an entrepreneur.
  2. The original company was located in Sweden. In 2008 I bought out two of the original founders and teamed up with the remaining founder. We then created a UK company and transferred all the IP across. In 2010 I bought out the remaining founder and became the sole remaining owner of the company.
  3. Replay Poker is indeed the original name for the site, and the company name was Replay Gaming RG AB, before becoming Replay Gaming Ltd.
  4. We track internally how many registered players visit us in the last month; for December 2018 it was 56K.
  5. Currently we don’t drop a player for inactivity, although we do place limit how far back we’ll contact someone who we haven’t seen recently on the site. In the future we might consider deleting inactive accounts and freeing up the usernames.
  6. Back in 2005 Replay Poker partnered with Carlsberg in Sweden to create a white-label poker website for their beer brand called Falcon beer. It was promoted heavily online and across the largest TV channels in Sweden during a 2 month campaign. It’s thanks to this campaign that Replay Poker really got off the ground, as after the campaign finished, the players were redirected to the Replay Poker website. It’s quite possible that some of those original players are still playing today, 13 years later!
6 Likes