Poker quotations

River me once, shame on you.
River me twice, shame on you as well.

3 Likes

Look at the game from opponent’s perspective.

-Gus Hansen-

1 Like

“Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck.”

-Jesse May-

Zen-poker
Poker is fun. Poker going but also hurt. Who wants to win, needed patience and self-control. Impatience and greed will be punished. Poker is often unfair. Playing poker is a journey to himself. You meet angels and demons. We had ups and downs. You could cry and jump out the window, racing rage and experienced the peak of happiness just two minutes later. Poker is an inexplicable Enigma. Poker seduced and you have to learn to let go. Playing poker is exciting. Poker is a lie. Only who is lying good plays well. Poker is also awful truth. Playing poker is sometimes very boring. Poker is good for the circulation, because you always stand up for the All-In. Playing poker is meditation. Playing poker is the prayer book of the devil. If I win I’m very close. Playing poker is enlightenment. Poker is Zen.

Andre

1 Like

Life is like a poker game, it’s not what you’re given its how you use it.

1 Like

Poker has the feeling of a sport, but you don’t have to do push ups.

-Penn Jillette-

2 Likes

pure randomness require some streaks and patterns

one thing better then to find your opponents leaks is to find your own.

there is no such thing as quick wins in poker.
there are only slow wins or quick losses.

Getting pocket aces is a good thing…

(Martha Stewart)

In poker, if you say I would go all in, then see the river, then claim you meant to say “I meant to say ‘I wouldn’t go all in’.”; you could get thrown out of the game. or at least get laughed at.

1 Like

Actually they would take your chips…because in poker … words mean something…

“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”

Jack London

BRITANNAS: (shocked) Caesar, this is not proper.
THEODOTUS (outraged): How?
CAESAR (recovering his self-possession): Pardon him, Theodotus. He is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.
Caesar and Cleopatra, Act II
G. B. Shaw
Think about this the next time someone obviously hasn’t read the rules and thinks he’s/she’s playing at home.

“The flight was smooth, and the Grand Canyon was spectacular in the early afternoon light, but I had three queens at the time and could spare it no more than a glance.”
—Hal Goodman

(NYTimes travel section article)

2 Likes

“Gambling is not about wasting money, it’s about wasting time.” - Norm MacDonald

1 Like

I play poker, a game where there is no edge but the luck of the deal and the skill of the player.

Victoria Coren Mitchell

1 Like

“I’ve gotten broke more times playing the bottom two pair than with any other hand playing Hold 'em.”
—Doyle Brunson

1 Like

The Poker Brat, Phil Hellmuth quote.
If it wasn’t for luck I would win every game!!

Me Duster58, my saying.
If it wasn’t for luck I would lose every game!!

No way that every hand’s a winner. Worst hand I can think of is four of a kind in HI-LOW Omaha. No flush possible, no straight possible, no low possible and three or four of a kind is impossible.

1 Like