Poker quotations

“Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you must do.”
H. Jackson Brown

2 Likes

Poker is a game of chance, chances are you will lose.

2 Likes

The only probability you need to know is that in any given hand there is an 80% chance that one of the other eight players is luckier than probability. eddie72

1 Like

:spades: always work hard on your game
:clubs: minimize luck and maximize skill
:diamonds: use proper bankroll management
:hearts: love the game and have fun

4 Likes

You can’t always lead a horse to water, but you can lead a donkey right to the river :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Playing cards is similar to marriage.
:hearts: means love
:diamonds: means marriage
:clubs: is what you want to beat them with after being married to long
:spades: is what you can use to burry them with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahahahaha, that was great. Never heard that before :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Glad you liked it Craig, I know a few people who can relate to this lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a good player knows when he plays well
a great player knows when he doesn’t play well and is strong enough to alter it.

1 Like

it takes more balls to fold a strong hand then to bet a weak hand

1 Like

If you want to make money playing poker, make your opponent think you have a great hand. If you really want to make money playing poker, make them think you don’t. Doll :slight_smile:

1 Like

*One thing even a poker face cannot hide is love.”
― Tapan Ghosh, Faceless The Only Way Out

2 Likes

That would be true.

1 Like

That right there is the mantra of a lotta players around here,

This may have only been in the movie version, and not in Jessup’s novel The Cincinnati Kid, but it has stuck in my mind all these years.
Lancey, the Man (played by E. G. Robinson) the Kid was trying to beat has just taken the Kid’s entire stack by catching a straight flush against the Kid’s full house. The Kid (played by Steve McQueen) asks:
“How could you do that? Everybody knows a draw like that’s against the odds.”
“Kid, the difference between being good and being great is knowing when to do the wrong thing at the right time.”

2 Likes

Poker is like sex… most people aren’t nearly as good as they think they are.

3 Likes

The cardinal sin in poker is becoming emotionally involved.

-Katy Lederer-

6 Likes

That’s a great quote Tiandra. I NEVER get emotionally involved in my poker cards, my poker MONEY, now that’s another thing :sunglasses:

it doesn’t matter how strong your hand is when you assume someone has a better hand.

you play well if you understand the math of the betsize, but you play great if you understand the story of the betsize.