Players Wanted: Step 3 to 1 Million

There’s been a lot of discussion about the difficulty of using Step 3 to 1 Million and Step 4 to 1 Million tickets. It’s hard to get six players around the table at the same time.

So let’s try this. We’ll make a forum in which players can invite others to play at a specific time. We’ll make this for the month of February 2024 only. If we’re lucky and this works, we don’t want to find ourselves in 2026 scrolling through years of challenges to find a game. We can start a new board in March–and maybe one for Step 4–if this looks to have promise.

With that in mind, I pledge to be available to play at 0600 each day the remainder of February.

1 Like

I think this should be moved to the poker discussion category for the time being and request the creation of a new category : “Sit-n-Go Meetup” where players can post times they will be registered for a particular sit-n-go, stairway or other. I imagine it is sometimes difficult to fill up any high stakes s-n-g. Probably be a good idea to post how long you will stay registered for. Thanks U238 for starting us off. :smiley:

1 Like

Just thought of something else… times should be posted in UTC or at least post your time zone…

Moved :slight_smile:

1 Like

ty :smiley:

Just thought of something else… times should be posted in UTC or at least post your time zone…

Ooooh. I assumed that since I see local times listed on my screen, those were the times Replay used everywhere. I mean, I live in the same time zone as New York and Washington. This is the United States. Doesn’t everyone follow our lead?

Except your goofy metric stuff.

(I’m laughing so hard now I can barely remain seated).

I’m all in favor of using UTC. My proposed 0600 start time for Step 3 games would then be 1100 UTC. I chose that hour as being at least nominally accessible to eastern USA (0600), to Berlin (1200) and Sydney (2200). Sort of a Universal Poker Hour.

2 Likes

:rofl:

i never had to wait too long.I play rings while waiting

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread @U238 . I believe it will help everyone who has a step ticket, to get others to join them at a certain time. Thanks also @das32343 for the idea. I don’t believe we need extensions of expiration dates but need to advertise, when we are available and adjust to others availability.

Hi @U238 @das32343 @Litenin

Thanks for opening this up. Steps have been less than spectacular, but the feedback is there are players out there, but not all at the same time.

We are keen to hear ways to enhance them.

(Spoiler alert)

There will be a stairway to 1 million / Steps promotion in late March, for a week in order to give the Steps some more visibility. It will be based on a Ticket Hunt, whereby Step tickets won will count on a Leaderboard, and of course be usable in the tournaments themselves. The intention is to make more players aware of Steps and have more players check it out more often

Rob

1 Like