Optional Time Bank

Is it possible to add a 60 sec time bank to tournaments? I mainly play inhouse league games, and having the ability to host a league game with the option to add time banks would be a major quality of life improvement in my opinion.

Its probably been talked about before so sorry to beat a dead horse, but there are a handful of hands every tourney that need more than 15 secs or so to make a decision. Allowing for this extra time when needed can encourage better play by giving players time to suss out the intricacies of a position. Poker is a skill game, but we undermine skill by forcing hasty decision making.

Anyways that is all, its not a big deal in the slightest was just curious if it were at all possible to add in some form.

3 Likes

For a site with a 15 “shot clock” a 60 second time bank would probably be a bit excessive but a time cards to reset the shot clock up to 3 times a tourney would be a good feature if it can be done. Of course, I don’t want to give a great player like yourself more time to think about your decisions :slight_smile: lol.

1 Like

I completely agree. It forces a more ABC style of play and doesn’t leave much room for intricacies. Would LOVE time cards/bank, at least for the bigger MTTs.

If I am buying in 5M and competing for a top prize over 100M chips, I think it’s reasonable to ask a little more time 2-3 times in the course of the event to really think over a spot.

1 Like

How about to encourage quick play as well, every time you fold within one second of your time preflop, that would add one second to your extended time bank, which could add up to at most as your usual amount of time, potentially doubling your time to think over a tough spot.

1 Like

Thought about my idea, I’d add that if you call, check, bet or raise within one second of your time preflop, you would get that added second to your extended time bank.

This is an excellent idea a few time chips per tournament to reset the clock would be great.
I do enjoy putting people in tough spots, a little extra time might just be the antidote.

1 Like

With a mind like supercomputer, a split second is long enough for the swamp to make the perfect optimal play, but hey, take as much time as you wish :wink:

1 Like

I a person cannot make a decision in 15 seconds, they should not be playing!

IF a person…

It depends a lot on how deeply you want to think about each decision. This is a good read IMHO: https://www.partypoker.com/blog/en/its-the-same-game-but-it-isnt.html

I’m not thinking that hard about the game, but I’m also not Jason Koon. It takes me more than 15 seconds to figure out what size I want to use, how many chips that is, and then typing that value in sometimes.

People seem to think the play on Replay is particularly bad because it’s a play money site, but I’m convinced that people acting too quickly and just clicking buttons hurts the quality of the poker played here far more.

It actually depends upon the player - I can think quickly! All the best!

That’s great, and I’m sure everyone at your table appreciates it, but your assertion that anyone who can’t make every decision in under 15 sec shouldn’t be playing is going a bit far don’t you think?

2 Likes

I guess you are right! I just do not like it when people run out the clock - it is so annoying. Over and out. No more discussion
is needed. Have a good day.

While I do sympathise, please no. This site is already a nightmare, what with the excesive starting chips and slow blinds. Heads-up sngs especially, I had a twelve year obsession with husng before I came to this site, playing them almost exclusively, Replay has put me off the hu game for life, too slow and tedious with way too many passive players. Please don’t make them even slower. I think it would be the final nail in the coffin for me, your/our in-house league and all.

In regular speed MTT’s, I believe you get 20 seconds, seems like a little more. In fast speed MTT’s I believe you get half the usual amount of time. I like playing those.
I don’t play HU SnG’s. but I could imagine the blinds begin way too low, probably should start the blinds at 100, either that or a lot less starting chips.

1 Like

An optional time bank feature has been suggested in the past. Some like it, and some don’t. We passed this on to the rest of the Team as a possible feature that can be activated once in every tournament. Please know that this feature has been discussed within our Team, and if we decide to implement this feature, an announcement will be made.

1 Like

I think even better than a one-time activation would simply be a non-refreshing pool of time that you can draw upon as needed. So a player could get 3 extra seconds 5 times, or 15 extra seconds 1 time.

In either case, the impact on overall speed of gameplay would be minimal, but players would be able to exercise more discretion as to when they want to think or act quickly.

1 Like