NEW FEATURE: Progressive Bounty Tournaments - NOW LIVE!

We are excited to announce that Progressive Bounty Tournaments have been released to all players! You can find these in the Lobby by selecting “Format” and choosing the PKO checkbox:

Here is the current list of tournaments and times, though this will be subject to change based on feedback and metrics:

A very special thanks to our volunteers and beta testers who ensured that we released the best possible product for everyone today! :smiley: (And an extra thanks from me to @Chasetheriver, who did an exceptional job jumping in to make adjustments based on your feedback!)

Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts about these new tournaments, along with any strategy tips as you get used to the new format. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This is fantastic news! I am looking forward to playing is some, as well as utilizing this format in some my private league games. Hopefully that will be possible.
Thank you @Chasetheriver and @fizzymint as well as the team that made this happen!

3 Likes

The only flaw I can see at the moment is that some of the current guaranteed prize pools (solely used for where a player finishes) are no longer being met. For example, in the 250K buy-in PKO Big Guess (https://www.replaypoker.com/tournaments/6454245), the guaranteed 10M prize pool was not met. Therefore, the tournament overpaid for placements. I assume the Big Guess was simply changed to the PKO Big Guess thereby keeping what was always the 10M guarantee.

Math: 118,750 x 69 players = 8,193,750 (well short of 10 million).

{The 10 million would have been met if the entire amount after rake went to rankings only and not the bounties as well: 237,500 x 69 = 16,387,500.}

So, really all Replay needs to do is look over the PKO events that previously had guarantees that are still there and perhaps tweak them down a smidge after a few days of getting enough data points.

I mean…in the end…with all the progressive bounties (and most likely the popularity of the format)…the amounts to be won are still going to be pretty good and large for the top finishers. I think re1ayer won over 10 million in bounties alone when winning the PKO Solar Eclipse today for another 6 million+.

1 Like

There is something missing from your math here, right now with ten players left that other 8 million is in bounties, and will be awarded after game, are you saying that Replay is not making the rake? have you played high stakes ring games and looked at the rake, millions come off the tables ever hand, the chart is posted here how much. I think they will be Okay, unless I am reading what you’re saying wrong. Are you saying the lower placing players won’t make as much?

1 Like

The bounty part will always be right regardless of field size or guarantees whether it be a true bounty event or a progressive bounty event. In that PKO Big Guess tournament, the total bounties earned was 8,193,745 (which is basically the 8,193,750 number I had in the previous post).

What I’m saying is that the PAYOUT portion (which should have also been 8,193,750 if it is a 50/50 split but instead was a GTD 10,000,000) that currently goes to a select percent based on FINISHING position (like when it pays, say, the top 5 people when the field size is between 30 and 39) isn’t meeting the previously set guarantees because only half of the buy-in amount after deducting the tournament fee (in the Big Guess’ case…one half of the 237,500) is now going to said payouts (because the other half is now dedicated to bounties) when it used to be the whole pie (the entire 237,500). In order for 118,750/person to create a 10 million+ prize pool for finishing position purposes, that MTT needs at least 85 players now which never happens in a 250K event as far as I know.

That’s why I said after a few days, RP should see if all of these PKO events are meeting their guarantees based on enough data points. I’d say some of the highest buy-ins probably won’t and therefore need to be tweaked down some. Yes, this is a play chips site, but since they do consider the RP “economy,” having to make up a shortfall of 1.8 million+ in an event is pretty steep.

1 Like

Understand, but I’m sure you know:) to be a true poker game & site, the house should & will always win to survive for us all to keep playing for free

Oops accidentally deleted myself.

And that is why the Big Guess should probably have a lower guarantee to, say, 7.5 million (now that it is a PKO tourney) instead of 10 million if the position payouts for tonights game would have totaled 8.2 million without any guarantees. The house wins in that case because they don’t have to pay the difference at all from their pockets for coming up short of the promise to reach 10 million+ had the promise only been 7.5M.

There will always be challenges anytime we see changes for us all. However, I think you’ll find the PKO’s a great experience & fun!

I’m looking forward to it! :slight_smile: I have no complaints about the new tweaks to previous events and the PKO’s clearly lead to more excitement and to a massive heads up showdown since the payout for 1st and 2nd are very close by position payout but that final bounty brings home the big bag. I just think the prize pool guarantees might not get reached by player count only, which is the flaw I am trying to point out.

Hi @RyRyRobe,

thats a valid point about the Prize Pool being different from the bounty total when the Guarantee (GTD) is not met.

It was accepted when we made the games over to PKO that the prize pool would halve if attendance stayed about the same, but the chosen MTT are fairly well supported and still offer substantial prizes. I doubt we will drop Guarantees unless there is a massive fall in these PKO’s. We want to have them run for a while, gather feedback and look at building them up if possible.

Thanks for the comments, as always,

Rob.

2 Likes

How do I explain this…
Been a patron of RB for many years and look forward to the daily tournaments I can count of being there when my availability warrants. One of my favorite was The Gun (3:30 Eastern) but, the change to some off the wall PKO thing is not general Texas Hold Em Tourn. Hope fully you take it back to what a poker tournament should be, poker and not some beginner starter table.
Now off to Galak (if you haven’t changed it also)…

1 Like

Hi @rockeiracu, thanks for the comment.

I am aware not everyone is going to be satisfied with their regular event being tinkered with.
Under The Gun was included because I wanted two MTT from each of the Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond and Opal Gemstone tiers and UTG got the nod for Emerald.

Not all of the changes we make are set in stone. The PKO schedule may change after a while when we have had it run for a couple of weeks.

Rob

I’m not happy with changing a couple of my favorite ohl tnmts to this knock-out format. Some of us play for something other than just winning more play money. My goal has always been to win the monthly prize at ohl. Even though it cost me a million doing that one month! LOL! If RP wants to encourage this format I think that it would be much more fair to people like myself if you had just created new tnmts. Especially in the middle of the night when there is nothing really worth playing. That would make some of us who tend to be night owls happy. And, I’m sure that would make people on the other side of the world take more interest–I’m speaking as an American in the MT time zone. Bounty tnmts. are a novelty item in my opinion and not real life poker at all. The skill level devolves and it just encourages the bingo players. This change doesn’t make any sense to me. But then a lot of stuff at RP doesn’t make sense to me! I hope that those who feel the way that I do will speak up and RP will leave the old format alone.

I was today on Progressive Bust The Staff 67. of 461 players and won nothing, only the best 24 was paid. On Christmas BTS was only 441 players, but 70 paid. For 67. i had there won 10,800. And the buy in was today 10x higher. 9 of the 24 winners today won only 20k. Not good, i like this not. Without free ticket i had today not played. Yesterday on 100k ticked Knock Out MTT the same, i won nothing. Only 8 instead of 12 or 15 was paid.

A little problem today, a knock out happend on Turn:

And many hands without winner again.

OMG he speaks, I played with @mutant1 in the games he is referring to, what a blast and a certain number of players always reaching the top of the monthly, MTT LB, won it myself once, there are few that are as aggressive and skilled as you Mutant, I don’t see how progressive bounties will affect your scores/outcome, if anything you would benefit from catching the occasional hand in the cookie jar player getting out of line trying to snatch a bounty.

2 Likes

I’m not a bounty hunter or rebuy player either but pko is a sensation. you will play it because you won’t be able to resist.

2 Likes

I’m not either normally playing bounty MTT’s but I have found the progressive bounty Mtt’s to help me to be more, aggressive even in reg. tourneys. Just sad, I couldn’t play at that time today. Hope Y’all had fun & remember it was free !!! Congrats to all winners & if everyone had fun they are all winners to me:)

1 Like

I am a big fan, have PKO now in my NW league, thank you! all the folks at Replay

1 Like

Hi @Poki65

You are right, The Payout schedule for BTS was ugly. I am re-writing the entire prize structure for PKO and hope to get it in place early next week. The PKO prizes are too top heavy compared to the standard prizes. Because the prize pool is half, I reduced the number of places and that was a mistake.
After the update, there will be the same number of places paid in PKO as regular tournaments, but the top 3 places will be modified to make 1st and 2nd very close and 3rd slightly (~1%) bigger than the standard games.

Thanks for the screenshot. I will share it with the Tech Team.

Rob

2 Likes

Played my first regular PKO tournament tonight. Big fan of this format even going from a regular bounty to a progressive bounty added a whole new dynamic to the game. Both the Nordic Warriors and Donks are adding special PKO events to their schedules. Thanks for listening to our feedback and making this happen @Chasetheriver

1 Like