MTT Leaderboard Prizes Are Too Small

I am mostly motivated to climb the leaderboard because I enjoy competition :grin:
That said, I wish the yearly prizes were more commensurate to their respective stakes.

I consider myself a pretty representative high stakes MTT reg; I am currently #5 on the Yearly LB. In January I had less than 1M chips, and now I have about 160M. I project to have between 600M and 1B by year’s end (fingers x’d lol).

If this bears out, even the #1 LB prize of 2M chips would represent at most 0.3% of my bankroll. It would be nice if the leaderboard prizes packed a little more punch! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I don’t think the payouts will change. But if you need more chips, I suggest playing heads up games or Quick Play

1 Like

I’m definitely not saying I need more chips lol

1 Like

I want more free stuff.

In poker, the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. LoL

1 Like

“I don’t think the payouts will change. But if you need more chips, I suggest playing heads up games or Quick Play…against Excaliburns”

^ waiting for that! lol

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from MTT Leaderboard Prizes Are Too Small:
I agree to the sentiment of increased financial benefits for long term customers

If you win the Super Bowl each member of the Winning team gets a check of $164,000. Patrick Mahomes makes approximately $45 million per season (10 year $450 million) (on field earnings only).

Do you think he complains about only getting a bonus of 0.36% of his annual salary? Or does he embrace the status of being a champion.

Thats all a leaderboard is bragging rights and a nominal prize. Beside if you are doing well in the annual leaderboard you also did well in each monthly leaderboard (and got paid), and a large percentage of tournaments that count towards your ranking won alot of chips. The yearly prize pool is only double the monthly prize pool but it isn’t the only reward you receive over the year.

4 Likes

I think they are fine as they are, if your at the top of the leader boards you already have more than enough chips.
Gardyloo

3 Likes

There are no financial benefits, to any player in a free & Great Poker Site.

1 Like