MTT final table shoving All In...why?

Congrats on making it to the final table. Best of luck in coming tournaments.

Many thanks for your explanation and, yes, I understand that 5BB is not a threat to anyone holding anything decent!

I’m not so much “deep in the weeds” with this one as just trying to understand the differences between how I would work it out and the formula that JL gives.

Ok … maybe I am deep in the weeds here lol … I enjoy learning about and exploring the maths! I know that pretty much all of it is useless to me at any level that I’m any ever going to play at but that doesn’t take away the pleasure of learning.

I’m happy enough to leave it here, I do think that I want to go deeper than it relevant or necessary to anybody who needs to watch the video :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Regards,
TA

1 Like

Maybe these tools will be helpful? Using them is a lot easier than trying to do the math and prevents mistakes. Of course you can’t know the exact fold equity, but it helps to conceptualize. FYI, the fold equity calculator assumes that you are shoving. If you are not actually shoving, the percentages still apply in terms of folds but realizing your equity becomes more complicated (because opponents can raise, more cards can come, etc.)

1 Like

Many thanks for that Joe!

Regards,
TA