What is correct ethic?

in a mtt when a player does poorly & had but a few bb remain
often seems they wish quit event & just sit-out for the rest
this slows down play, as they slowly blind out

if a player wish to exit an unsuccessful event, wouldn’t it be more appropriate to just shove?

2 Likes

In MTT’s, you have the option to check the Sit Out box option and I don’t think it will slow things down.

I may be wrong since I haven’t used it in some time. It was to do some personal business.

1 Like

I think sitting out is the better option. I see shoving hand after hand to get out of a tournament to be more disruptive.

3 Likes

Once they get short stacked any tournament player worth their salt will be playing push/fold. They’re sitting out probably because they gave up and abandoned the game.

1 Like

I think the question was.,. if you do give up and want to quit, shove or sit out?

Of course you’re going into push/fold mode if short stacked and you’re still trying to win.

3 Likes

If they are sat out they do not slow down game at all … they simply get blinded out

5 Likes

Does anyone know if you were to check the Sit Out box and then you are moved to another table in an MTT game, does the Sit Out option follow you to succeeding tables?

Thanks,

2 Likes

I don’t remember if it was grapevine or tiandra where I got the idea from in another thread, but I was at a table, things happen and I really needed to leave, so I asked the table if they want me to shove all in on the next hand or just sit out. I don’t see anything wrong doing either, but I didn’t have a preference at that time, so I just asked the other players. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @smooth99,

Your status will follow you if you get moved to another table. So if you’re on a sit out and a table rebalance happens, your next table will show you sitting out. I hope that helps.

3 Likes