Informal poll regarding voice chat

This thread is veering too much off topic, so please can we return to the actual poll.
Thank you

1 Like

I say no. Might be to complicated for novice computer skills.

1 Like

Sounds like fun but I think it would end up being too many people talking at once and too many different languages. I’m pretty sure it would more of a distraction than a benefit.
If more want it than don’t, as long as I can mute it, I wouldn’t care, so I vote I don’t care.

3 Likes

The voice chat wouldn’t recognize my “ Federal Hill in Providence “ accent so I vote FUHGETABOUTIT. Ya Know what I’m sayin :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t want it, I don’t need it but as long as I can mute it, I don’t care.
I almost always set the textual chat to “Dealer Only”, I’m sure I’d do the same with voice chat.

So many people with so little to say!

3 Likes

If you REALLY want to chat - PRIVATELY - work out a app between you & a chatter

2 Likes

Leaning NO,
How could offensive language be prevented without a time delay and massive program to cover languages, accents, slang… Although private tables could get interesting but with the same problem.
Besides I hear enough voices, Wait #4 said “not real ones” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Along with my terrible poker play,
and my terrible typing skills,

I am known to speak before thinking.

So I guess that’s a big NO from me.

Ever hurt someone when saying something that came out all wrong?

That’s me!

7 Likes

No need for live chat ,

People have to think first before they type , hopefully nothing they will regret.

Most realize that you wont be able to put the genie 's Bad words back in the bottle once things are said in the excitement of the moment . ( have u ever heard the miked up Hockey Players ? )

Voice Chat would require Language Police on the site also… . in addition likely more judicial reviews of bad behavior where people dont use their inside voice :smile:

Think the Endorsements are the best improvement lately to improve the site in a positive manner.
2 Thumbs Up

4 Likes

Might be more interesting than looking at some of the cards I get when the dealing’s done…

I certainly don’t need it LOL.

2 Likes

I also vote No.

Why not if u opt in fine if u don’t that is ur choice also ( if someone gets out of line u can just mute them All Good) so seems like it would be a nice addition

I would love to see emoji’s in the Chat Box.
but not voice, agree with unskilld, think the voice chat would be more of a hindrance.

1 Like

Once again if u opt that would be ur choice … Why take that choice away seems pretty cut and dry to me :slight_smile:

p.s emoji’s would be cool … I played on a site u could send someone a beer or coffee or a teddy bear all sorts of cool stuff was fun

3 Likes

also on a boot button - 1st or only at a table - would have boot capabilities, kinda like my table, my rules

I guess it’s just my opinion, sometimes i say things before thinking…when I type it I’am able to see what it looks like, and I think that just don’t sound good so, I back space out a lot.
Don’t want to offend anyone or get in trouble…not that I’m trying to offend anyone, it just don’t sound good and I really don’t mean it to sound rude, but it does look rude, that’s why I back space a lot.
maybe if there was a opt out button, but what if something goes wrong with that opt out button ?
just my preference is all.
and like you, I also played on a site that had emoji’s in the chat box it was a lot of fun having those.
thumbsup, shocked, wtg, on and on…was lot’s of emoji’s for every kind of play, we could even use them when people got rude, That’s all I need…emoji’s say’s it all and with out getting into trouble.
Plus there are a lot of fun, some people would lol a lot when people used certain emoji’s, it was very enjoyable :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :money_mouth_face: :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Bring on the emojis :+1:t2: :cocktail::beer::clinking_glasses::tumbler_glass::beers::wine_glass::maté:

2 Likes

For the most part I am here to play cards not chat. But as long as we have the ability to mute the feature I don’t care. However I suspect RP will reject this suggestion because it introduces a tangled web of enforcement issues unrelated to offering a top quality “card playing” experience for their users.

2 Likes

I’m all in on the emojis … think i might have played the same site as The Goat and it was a lot of fun.