I quit smoking

Craig, as a ‘serious stock market guy’ those numbers make me chuckle
knowing that there are good quality “Dividend Paying” stocks that could
provide a very nice regular ‘return’ if that money were to get redirected…

Someday… Maybe…

1 Like

Exactly, there’s another option right there. That’s some serious numbers over say a 10 year span.

There is so much.

Health is of course number one but looking at the financial end of it would be enough to make me quit if I was a smoker.

Maybe, then, we might get a chat going that can help some ‘learn’
how to invest (not ‘speculate’, btw), and get some “Life Improvement”
from the otherwise ‘wasted’ time here - lol…

Actually, I do ‘waste’ time here, but view it as being good for my
‘mental health’, in that it gives me a breather from reality, which lingers
around every corner of my life… lol…

1 Like

some times you need that escape ,I agree 100 percent, nothing wrong with that my friend.

1 Like

I’ve spent lots of my money on Liquor, tobacco and women.
The rest I wasted.

4 Likes

lol,been there done it

1 Like

I have attempted to quit smoking many times. If anyone is considering using THE PATCH to stop smoking…The ONLY way it will work is if you stick the patch over your lips.

3 Likes

Yesterday it was 5 weeks since I smoked a cigarette :trophy:

4 Likes

WELL DONE!!! You’re well on your way now to being so much healthier!! Food is tasting better I bet! Watch those calories but enjoy savoring every bite! The urge will still be there but know it’s now entirely in your mind and you just need to push that temptation away and doing something else, anything else for a the few minutes it lasts.

Mostly, just keep doing what you’ve been doing for 5 weeks now and don’t look back!

Cheering you on,
Ron

1 Like

just stand tough, im 60 years old and smoked 45 of them, quit cold turkey almost 2 years ago, if I could do’you can, my doctr told me if I didn’t quit iwasn’t gonna make 60, that’s all I had to hear, do it for your self and your family. good luck, Lorenzo 57

2 Likes

6 weeks and one day :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Well Done!!!

1 Like

I’m still working on its tough even with tha patches

3 Likes

Quit a year ago or so. Smoked since 1961 went in service. Attempted to quit a couple of times over the years patches, classes, just slowing down. Would stop for short periods of time or just flat not work.

this time Gov. of PA. gave me the incentive he raised Tax on cigarettes 13 cents a pack. Supposedly to repair the roads. Well that did it for me A cigarette costing more than a steak dinner.
Just laid down the cigarette and stopped, the roads not much better, the PA. turnpike toll just went up this past week, the Gov. salary went up earlier too.
You want to quit take a vacation to the poconos in PA. later this year and have to buy ciigarettes in PA.
aausgmblr

2 Likes

theres a good reason, put the money in a jar everyday and see what youll have at the end of the year’, and there’s your Christmas money…

1 Like

It is Easy. Anyone can Stop Smoking. The difficult thing is to Stay Stopped.

3 Likes