I quit smoking

It’s been 2 weeks since I smoked a cigarette and I feel great.

:metal:

11 Likes

Congrats to you! It is one of the hardest things to do,i quit 30 years ago along with the rest of my family.
It was especially hard for one member of my family,that person decided to quit drinking at the same time…ME lol.
Hang in there my friend,it is worth it for everyone.
GL at the tables and btw, I haven’t saved a dime of the cigarette money hahaa
Nic

3 Likes

or from the booze just whole lot happier and healthier!

1 Like

Congratulations ZZ; that is great.

My experience in 1990 was get a pack of cinnamon sticks and “smoke” those as pacifiers; they had taste, you could inhale and get real air, and they were cool looking.

For me it took twenty-seven days of thinking “I will never get through the day,” and then saying, “yes I will get through this day.” Going to bed with the knowledge that on that day I was successful. On the 28th day I never had the negative thought again. It has been over 10,000 days.

Again congratulations. Good show!!!

1 Like

Congrats and keep it up ZZ !!

I don’t smoke, consume alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs my whole life :+1:t2:

I substitute them with Gambling, Fast Women and Fast Cars. J/K lol.

You can do this. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, guys.

1 Like

My doctor told me that wine, women and song was going to kill me.
I feel great now, ever since I gave up singing.

8 Likes

Hahahahahaha !!! :slight_smile:

Congrats!!! Keep up because you can do it!!

I quit 5+ years ago after smoking for 40. I’m still addicted to nicotine but get that via my vape which is 4k better than smoking!!

2 Likes

I like the smell of some of those flavors when I go by someone using one.

gratz and wd @ZZ_Tilt

3 Likes

I’ve been smoking for 40 years as well, I am 54yo and started at 14yo.

I was a daily toker too but I quit that habit 6 years ago after 30 years (!)

:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I hope I can find the will power, good for you Bro !!

2 Likes

as I sitting here and puffing. help !!! lol

QUIT HARLEY !!!

1 Like

Jan 4th 2005 I last smoked anything. I did it by taking words like trying, attempting, or hoping, out of the equation. I made it a fact. I do not smoke from now.
I am not “trying to give up” or “attempting to quit” or “hoping to stop”. Those words are negatives and just excuses to fail. I do not smoke from now. I dont try to get out of bed at 6am, I do get in the shower. I dont attempt to go to work, I do put my butt in the driver seat. I dont hope to see the dentist, I do book an appointment. Like all of those actions, this is an action I am taking. I do not smoke from now . I dont try to quit smoking, I do not smoke from now.
For me, once I made that decision, and committed to it 100%, it became one of the facts in my life and (surprisingly to me) was much easier to achieve than I had expected.

If there was one piece of advice I would offer to any soon-to-be ex smoker it would be this… commit to it 100%, no trying, no hoping, no attempting. You do not smoke from now. Commit to it 100% and I promise you 100% that you will be 100% successful.

1 Like

Great advice… better than cinnamon sticks ))

1 Like

I read Allen Carr’s “Easy Way To Stop Smoking” which made it really easy to quit. It’s fun to read, e.g there’s a chapter about the advantages of smoking; it’s a blank page :grinning:
The book(let) makes you feel relieved of a burden and changes your attitude.
For anyone who’s interested, here’s a FREE download in PDF format: http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf

:metal:

1 Like

Never read that book but a friend used it when she stopped. Claims it helped her .She got her daughter to hit her with it every time she tried to have a sneaky ciggie lol

1 Like

It’s easy to stop smoking - I’ve done it 62 times. :smile:

3 Likes