HTML5 Table Feedback

I run windows 10 on a laptop with an intel I3 processor…plenty of memory…i watch all videos, and used the old format for years with no issues…i generally like new tech and moving things forward, and am not a luddite.

Lagging in the new format is ruining this site for me…I am often folded for too much time before seeing my cards…when it is at its best, it is like slow motion with a delay between a click and the desired result

I am sure that you did not make the move without some solid reasoning, and i hope that the positives are many, but it is a giant step in the wrong direction from my perspective

I have grown to really like this place, and have played here almost every day for 2.5yrs,and i will likely try to continue…however, if i was new to the site, and found Replay in its current state, i would never have lasted a week

PS. i have tried to use the on table feedback button many times, and get the same error message every time

Those who think RP isn’t listening to your feedback should keep an eye on this thread…

I’m guessing that all of the fixes listed there, and there are lots of them, were the result of player feedback. Perhaps they should also post the fixes in this thread as they roll out, but rest assured, they are listening and taking action on our suggestions.

2 Likes

Thanks fizzy. As glitches go - it’s not so bad, I can still read my hand and the board - so no big thing - just odd.

My only issue is that there are often more than five cards in the river and occasionally, I am prompted to play when I can’t yet see my cards. Not a big deal when, like me, you play on instinct…mainly… :wink:

1 Like

Still see nothing as far as cards are concerned.

How can one possibly play?

Just bet a lot and hope they can’t see their cards either.

6 Likes

That’s probably not a very good assumption.

I take it you have tried that route?

7-card No Peek?

2 Likes

Lol, I haven’t had that specific thing happen.

One time though when the hour break happened at a SNG table, and the timer popped up with the final hand of the first hour still running, and completely obscured the board, I shoved A9 preflop to defend my BB, and fortunately the table folded. But it was really asinine. In that specific case, I knew no one could see the board cards, but I don’t think you could make an assumption about opponents being able to see their own hole cards.

1 Like

Hope is not an assumption.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, 1Bigfly.

Has anyone else noticed the new tournament tables don’t seem to be consolidating as quickly as they should when players are knocked out? Earlier I was on a 9-seat table that got down to 2 players when there were other tables with 5 or more players seated with chips. I got a 5K ticket out of it, but if the tables had remained full, I would likely have either finished higher or gone bust sooner.

1 Like

Hand #605796804 (sorry I can’t post links)

Look at the preflop action with the BB all-in. It shows the 1st player raising to 300 but the blinds were already at 150/300 so this can’t be a raise. I think there was a problem because the BB was all-in with less than a full blind but this shouldn’t matter to the rest of the table.

1 Like

Yeah - I’ve noticed that calling the blinds in this situation is called a raise by the new tables. Another thing I noticed is that when 2 players go all in on the flop, and the cards are flipped, the dealer announces the hand they currently have and never tells you what hands they actually made by the river. The winning hand is announced, but otherwise you have to figure it out yourself. Saw this the other day - flop is 9Q9, 2 players go all in, one with AQ the other with K9. The hands are announced as 3 of a kind 9s and 2 pair Qs and 9s. The last 2 cards come and one is a Queen. Now they both have full houses but the only thing the dealer shows is the winning hand Queens full of 9s.

4 Likes

The new tables are horrendous. Super slow and glitchy…How did RePlay ever think this would be an improvement??? Will probably drive quite a few players away. Especially when there is no option to play “regular” tables anymore. At the very least, all glitches should have been worked out completely before changing whole site to this format.

1 Like

At least you got your ticket. I was stuck at a table of 9, that started a hand that never finished. An hour later I had to walk away. I contacted support…like you suggested, but have not heard a thing. I was the chip leader at my table, and there was only 14 people left. These new tables were obviously not ready to be rolled out. At the tourney before this 3 consecutive hands were immediately folded after I put my BB in. I had been doing well at that one also. Very frustrating.
Thanks for trying to help me Alan. .

1 Like

Love it.

Honestly I wish I was a conspirist that believed all online poker was rigged than play on these new tables.

Ignorance is bliss. I wish I was more ignorant & drunk.

I understand originally “sitting out” hid a players’s chipstack. An when reported that was bad, and we need’d to see the chipstacks, … an animation was add’d to alternate so you could see the chipstack… but that animation is independant for each player and takes up resources per player sitting out ( that might be 4-5 on a 9max ) It basically runs 24/7 on the table, on every person’s turn.

On the other hand around a players’s pic, on thier turn, 1st a halo appears, and a white border spins, while thier timer also starts counting down. Thats 3 different cue’s who’s turn it is, and the green bar is the easiest to keep track of… its also 2 animations that run during that person’s turn. White spinning border seems pretty redundant to me…

Because so many people report performance issues, and both blinking sitting out and white spinning border seem unnecessary…( just grey a person & delete white anime )

My question is really for whom do these 2 animations really help. I mean if just a few ppl say well yeah Sassy, one or both make it easier, or more enjoyable, add function… then I’d be like sure ok… I just see both as huge CPU sinks…
Sometimes 1 player overlooks the benefit of something, so I’m thinking maybee I’m missing something here, so I wanna learn if I can… enlighten me , plz
Sassy

4 Likes

I agree that they don’t help me at all, except when the lag is so bad the only thing telling you it’s your turn is the halo, since the timer sometimes never turns green and you are sat out without ever getting a way to act. So still, not much help. I guess I don’t need to know it’s my turn, if I’m not going to get a chance to act, lol. I’m all for getting rid of those animations if it means less lag :slight_smile: As for the blinking “sitting out”, that is truly annoying when 3 or more players are sitting out. The grey color is enough, with the chipstack continuously displayed.

On another note, it would be nice to know who has taken their seat before the first hand is played. I’ve been playing these promotional SNGs and I get to the table with plenty of time to greet my friends, but sometimes they aren’t there yet and they aren’t grey until they take their seat, like they used to be on flash tables. It can make the first hand very slow too, since anybody who isn’t there doesn’t get folded quickly like when someone is sitting out, instead they get timed out.

3 Likes