How can we improve interest in 7 card stud tourneys

I was fortunate enough to be on the Beta Team when 7 Card Stud was introduced here at Replay and am now very concerned as to why it hasn’t progressed as I expected, to be equal to the other poker formats. My question to all is, how can we improve players interest in the game I grew up with ?

3 Likes

maybe if RP introduces Razz then HORSE would become an option ?

HORSE tournaments is why i learned Stud

1 Like

If the was a monthly and yearly leaderboard for stud and stud hi-lo I guarantee it would help interest and participation. During the winter games the two Stud MTT days are well attended just need to keep that momentum going

1 Like

Thanks @southwestmba Perhaps a leaderboard would increase interest and participation. However, its a never ending circle, as we have to have and sustain enough players in MTT’s daily to justify the leaderboard. I don’t know what that number would need to be, but will try & find out. We would have to know what the required number of players is before setting the goal for players to achieve. I hope others have more ideas to improve Stud MTT participation as well.

1 Like

@Litenin Standard Omaha and Royal both have leaderboard and most games are in the 15-35 player range, I think the stud games get a similar level of participation (at least in the time frame I normally play in PM EST), so I have yet to understand why there isnt a leaderboard for the stud games. I mean the fact that the Winter games has 2 stud MTT events and no Royal events of any kind, tells me there is adequate demand for stud.

1 Like

Unless I am missing something after searching, I see no replay scheduled 7 card stud MTT games with only a buy in. Everyone of the Stud tourneys are chip/tickets. Royal does have only chip buy in’s. It may be impossible to ever have a Stud leaderboard, without any chip buy in tourneys. There is only one but does exists.

Royal Gambit

Perhaps that’s why Royal has a leaderboard ???

7 card stud is my least favorite game in here and its not even close. The Bring-ins are annoying as hell and you cant control how many you get during a game. I actually made the cut and finished in 21st place a couple wees ago, despite getting 19 bring-ins in the tourney.

Because these younger newer players have NO skill for real poker like 7 stud, where u actually have to look at other players cards and know how many outs u have etc. INSTEAD, they rather just play a game they can go all in any time, sad:).

1 Like

That might be true but in my opinion this site isn’t fair with the bring ins

Officially done with card and perhaps this site after tonight. Its just so…

Bill - with due respect I do not think you can single out’ newer younger players ’ and their lack of poker acumen (if that is the correct term ) for the lack of interest in seven card games on this site .
I was brought up playing southern cross , and seven card stud poker and love playing a variety of formats to this day but I have to concede Omaha / Holdem are the far most popular forms of poker across all age groups … I do not think it has anything to do with younger players skill or mindset ,

Good Luck at the tables

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, but I sure was hoping to see some more positive ideas, other than the only one mentioned to improve Stud MTT’s Interest/ Participation

1 Like

The antes and limits go up far too quickly.

1 Like

And i think your wrong lol, we can agree to disagree…P.S. I do not believe in luck; u make your own luck…Good luck my friend:).

Litenin,

If you mean,

“How can Replay improve interest in 7 card stud tourneys?”

Replay could have a winner-takes-all 7-card stud tournament.

Only one player takes home the entire prize fund.

Have it run once a week for the anticipation aspect to kick in.

Of course, have an insane guarantee of 5 Million or so.

Make sure it’s a reasonably low buy-in to create extra interest to play 7 card stud.

The crazier the guaranteed prize fund, the longer the wait.

If the guarantee is set at 20 Million, then run it only once a month.

50 Million?

100 Million?

Once a year!

This would guarantee, improved interest in 7 card stud or any other game for that matter, with this type

of format.

Is the payout structure a deterrent for folks to play stud?
Example in the freeroll’s

Currently place 21 - 25 is 1777 chips
Bump in prize for place 20 is 2352 chips
Another bump in prize at place 19 is 2777 chips
Must wait to get to place number 8 till the next bump in prize at 3777 chips

Prize Pool: 100K

Places Paid: 25

Prize Distribution:

1. 10,777 chips
  2. 9,777 chips
  3. 8,777 chips
  4. 7,777 chips
  5. 6,777 chips
  6. 5,777 chips
  7. 4,777 chips
  8. 3,777 chips
  9. 2,777 chips
  10. 2,777 chips
  11. 2,777 chips
  12. 2,777 chips
  13. 2,777 chips
  14. 2,777 chips
  15. 2,777 chips
  16. 2,777 chips
  17. 2,777 chips
  18. 2,777 chips
  19. 2,777 chips
  20. 2,352 chips
  21. 1,777 chips
  22. 1,777 chips
  23. 1,777 chips
  24. 1,777 chips
  25. 1,777 chips

Would the 27 payout structure be more attractive to the players.
Where payout bumps are place 22 - 14 & 8 ??

i think it would help if the prize pool was more inviting / equal to other formats

7.5k stud total prize pool 75k , any other 7.5k buy-in GTD 500k

20k stud total prize pool 100k, any other 20k has 1M or more

1 Like

Wouldn’t matter to me, I hate 7 card Stud. Worst game on this site. Haven’t entered to play in almost a week and magically my rank has gone up since my decision.

The algorithm is the main draw-back, when you can have 4 players in and end up with 2 flushes a full-house and a 4 of a kind, it’s just a joke. The algorithm needs a serious overhaul

Yep, always the luck of the cards. I have seen the same in live games with friends. That’s one reason. for me, 7 Card Stud is fun & also unpredictable!

So my question is, how can we improve interest in 7 Card Stud Tourneys???

Any ideas???