Do you get Friend Requests

When you get a friend request do you get a little red thingamabob notification? Because I don’t. I checked my friend requests and had like a half of a gazillion of them backed up for like a hundred years.

3 Likes

there is not always a notification… best to check once a week…

1 Like

Oh my, and I spent the last, like 100 years, thinking nobody wanted to be my friend.

1 Like

I got last month some friends requests, and i got them only on Email, without the red thing on the site.

3 Likes

@AngelinaB

Recheck your Notification Settings (under Settings) in the Drop Down Menu to make sure the Receive Friend Requests is active. I receive mine by email and a notice on the Lobby page.

3 Likes

I never get friend request red thingamebob notification. FYI the proper English is “thing a me bob” unless you are hip hop, gansta or rapper in which case “ma” is perfectly acceptable. :slight_smile:

I bet all players on RP that even remotely resemble a female will get spammed w fiend requests. I played on other platforms where you could make your account more private by turning requests OFF completely or making them from friends of friends only, or adding a short message (intro) sent upon request etc.

I agree its strange a FREE poker site like this doesn’t give notifications for friend requests when community & friendships is important here! I noticed lots of players don’t check friend request notifications.

The friends system as a whole is totally lacking on this site IMO. Being able to delete a friend with one click accidentally with no option to Ctrl-Z is quite ridiculous IMO!

@smooth99 I have ALL notifications OFF bc I dont want junk notifications sent to my email. These notifications should be available to see on site! No need to get junk email unnecessarily IMO.

@Poki65 yes! I only get “the red thing” on this site if someone accepts my friends request!

angelinaB… friend’s request… is how people will ask you … or invite you to privet games or league games on replay… it has nothing to do w/ male or female… I requite players who have a good attitude and some poker skills…

1 Like

awww, my wife gets plenty from men for being a good-looking lady—oh, i am sure ppl put pics of anyone and everything, but remember, What u see is usually not what tu will get-----ok, my 2 cats are the real thing:)

Sorry Dogs! Here is the official definition:

Definitions from Oxford Languages

thingamabob

/ˈTHiNGəməˌbäb/

noun

INFORMAL

1. used to refer to or address a person or thing whose name one has forgotten, does not know, or does not wish to mention. LMFAO!!
3 Likes

What is said about oojamaflip :joy:

1 Like

Ha, I was coming back to straighten “The War Dog” out, but I see you beat me to it. :slight_smile: lol

2 Likes

I don’t think the Friend request notification system works properly, as others mentioned. I only get the e-mails about it, no indicators like we get with Private Messages.

Maybe they could improve it, give everybody an option to have pop-ups, like the ones we get with Forum topic replies or Tournament starting soon notifications. Would be handy to see Friend requests pop up that way too, that way we can’t miss them.

3 Likes

when I 1st started playing… I did not understand the friends request thing… so I declined a few players… come to find out 4 years latter… if you say no to a friend’s request… that Player can never ask you to be friends again…

3 Likes

If that is a major concern of the females on Replay, they can easily Reject the Requests which they will only need to do only once. Since a second Request requires the sender to go through hoops to re-send a second one.

I just checked and you have plenty of accepted Friends so, I don’t understand your post unless it’s because you originally were the one who sent the Requests.

I think all of the other Notifications except personal achievements ARE eventually noted in the Lobby page or Promotion section. I have never seen a problem with just enabling the Friend Notification, if you want to Reject It, it’s just takes a Click to do it.

Besides, it gives you some idea who likes the way you play.

I think the system on RP works as they have changed and designed it for certain reasons. As I have said if you are fem you will get a hell of a lot more friend requests than male, despite what jed might believe!

I’m sure the Top 10 players also get way more friend requests than the average player.

Getting bombarded by friends requests I’m sure to these players could be quite annoying.

Seeing a red thingamebob could be quite annoying too, hence I’m guessing RP disabled them etc.

@jedwins Yes! This is a stupid solution RP made bc many players - IMO mostly fems - got annoyed getting asked multiple times by the same player for a friends request! RP solved the issue by making a friend request and BLOCK player. This more intelligent solution would be simply add a BLOCK/UNBLOCK button and let players choose themselves.

1 Like

lol trust me to not bother Googling it!

It sounds better the way I spell it though!

@BeerEagle69

In the Lobby, the notification is denoted in the people icon (I’m no artist) if I remember it correctly because it’s been awhile.

1 Like

Sometimes new request’s will pop up at the top of home page for me and maybe all of them I didn’t notice. I learned the hard way years ago to check pending requests often, so I don’t get more than I can handle. I accumulated a lot also and just said no to clear out the page. Later I found those declined could Never be my friends in the future. Support will clear each one to be able to be friends again if you request, however I felt terrible making work for them, when it was my mistake.

2 Likes

That is correct, it shows up in the [people icon. However, I suggest checking pending request often (daily if possible) as we may miss some of the notifications.

2 Likes

(ˈuːdʒəməˌflɪp IPA Pronunciation Guide)

NOUN

slang

a thing whose name is temporarily forgotten

Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

Word origin

C20: of unknown origin

2 Likes