CONTEST - Which opponents do you prefer?

D…This is a Crazy Game. We hate to lose and Love to Win, We Love Our Friends, but take their chips. Sometimes true and sometimes not…Thanks to All that have Helped ME be Happy! Peace and Love:)

D, but not necessarily for obvious reasons :slight_smile: Each of the playing groups presents a different type challenge and I enjoy that. Obviously strangers need to be observed for tendencies and patterns. For people whom you have played with occasionally, you may have some info but is it correct or did you just catch them on a day where they were playing differently than their norm. For close friends, well I always find that a good challenge. People will know you and you them…but who is going to be mixing things up the most that day to try and throw off the others? So, this mix should provide some good fun.

1 Like

@Coolkatdaddy ,
Might as well not quote your whole post and just say… Absolutely !!!

I think what my mood is, determines which applies… but normally I would hope there’s enough of a playerbase for ( C) to apply most times… I’d like the option of ( A) and ( B) usually occurs as you play all players. Depending how large your “friends list” is, you will start to run across them as you play. ( D) is only for those who can’t pick A,B or C … :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … I pick ( C).

1 Like

D: I like to play against a combination of all three. I have made some friends over the months I’ve been here and sometimes if we are online, we find someone on the table to play together.
I learned to play poker in very early May of this year, and I very much view poker as a challenge, and that makes it more interesting. Poker is like chess with luck. And forever in my real life, I have been taking up harder and more difficult challenges knowingly rather than going the easy and no-brainer way. That’s the reason why I like playing against very high ranked strangers. Actually, I do not have any criteria about what people I like to play against - I take my opponents as challenges (as I mentioned before), and like in life, you cannot complain “I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS!!”, the same goes for Poker - you play whom you’re made to play against - you can’t complain. So, I love playing against each and every type of player, be in a friend or a stranger, but I enjoy the challenge of playing against the elite ranked players (even though I am a newbie :joy:) .

Have a great day, people, and good luck to you all!!!

Personally, I like playing strangers, or strangers that I’ve seen a couple times. I get bored playing with online friends (not people that I personally know) because there is no dynamic at play really. I play with the ‘friends’ when I’m in a chatty mood. But, if I’m in a winning mood, its a strangers table I go for. I pick D overall though. And I’ll add my 2 cents also about the ‘bingo’ players. They really, really make me cRaZy. I will leave a table that has them on it. The Freeroll tournaments are a nightmare if you’re not into Bingo. Just saying.

I will pick up C as I enjoy playing with strangers because it is more challenging and don’t know how they play.For A and B I know how they play and no challenge.For D it is vague choice as good as no choice.

1 Like

I have no replay friends so that rules out A and D. Between B and C, I am most comfortable with B because you have a sense of the “game” those players have.

I especially like the players that make predictable comments, usually in reference to pre-flop raisers. That is a side topic, but I am surprised that there is so much disdain for pre-flop raisers (around the low stakes tables at least). I thought that pre-flop betting was a poker strategy. That’s okay, I like free flops too. They benefit fish like me.

A mixture of B & C is a good way to learn, so my final answer is category E – a mix of familiar and unfamiliar strangers.

for me this is easy, D !!! all the way, I love friends, bingo players, all forms of people, Ive meet some cool and interesting people on replay, I love the league Im in, (only for kool people) BAA Ha ha, replay poker great site , only site I have played on, Im serious, any way I could go on and on, like some people say i do (SS), but for me its gotta be D, !!

1 Like

I find that with friends or even really nice players I don’t play my best poker in important games or tournaments because I am hesitant to beat them or take chips off them. I head over to a ring game for games where I like to chat with friends and meet new players.

Strangers I haven’t met before are more difficult because it takes time to read their game.
So strangers I’ve met before is my first choice because of previous knowledge and notes in games and tournament when the focus is on winning chips.

{D} A Mixture Of All 3 - Depending on one’s mood, I’d say that all three apply to me. Always nice to play with strangers who turn into friends.

1 Like

Some days I just want to chill, so I go to a table where nobody knows me and I feel no obligation to be social. That would be C

But I do really enjoy a gathering of friends and acquaintances once a day, preferably early evening. That’s when it’s all about A.

I actually prefer not to mix the two modes, so I’m not going with D, and not just to be different, although that’s fun too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A mix is always good so D seems like an easy answer, but when push comes to shove I think I honestly prefer a majority of B the most… seeing familiar names (and play styles) and sometimes having some polite banter, but mostly focusing on trying to win and get better. I find it difficult to have actual conversations in a chat window so i have a hard time investing a lot of effort into that

I usually like to play with some friends and some strangers …when online …live poker is a different case …the more you know usually the BETTER decisions you make also you get a better hint of any tell…

Great time here at Replay Poker. Always enjoy playing with new players and High Limit Hold’em.
Can You start delivering pizza so I don’t have to leave any tables ?
Thanks, smallcoin

1 Like

Heck, I’ve been waiting for the cocktail waitress to come around for years.

2 Likes

No drinking here Laddie; Just keep playing well and enjoy the BIG POTS !

God Bless, smallcoin

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

D for sure. You have an advantage by using your knowledge of how your friends play; that turns into a challenge of determining how the strangers play. Overall, a great challenge and lots of fun… well, when you’re winning!!! LOL

My fav is D. I just play , so whoever you are, it’s gonna be interesting…Also nice to meet friends and make new ones. So let’s have fun :wink:

a mixture of all three

ddoesnt matter just like playing. thanks