Comfort Food

As a matter of fact yes but you need three hands to lift it lol :joy:

I could easily arrange to bring an extra hand or two. My husband has been known to lend a hand when pizza needs eating. lol

2 Likes

Hahahahaha, hahahahaha :+1:t2:

1 Like

As the aforementioned husband, I prefer this approach to comfort food so that no third hand is necessary.

3 Likes

Ahaha, ahaha, priceless :+1:t2:

1 Like

I actually need less comfort, more inspiration.
Coffee

Stromboli

You can use a pre-made pizza crust, but I like to make my own dough. My dough recipe is good for pizza too, and only contains 2 ingredients, flour and plain Greek yogurt in equal amounts. I use about 2 cups of each, combine them until well mixed, then fold/knead until it’s a uniform consistency. Don’t over-work your dough!

Preheat your oven to 375 and grease or oil a 1/2 sheet. Saute 1/2 cup of diced green peppers, 1/2 cup of mushrooms, and 1/2 cup of diced onions.

Spread the dough out evenly on the cookie sheet thingie, and lightly sprinkle the dough with garlic powder or granulated garlic. Fold some slices of a good deli ham in half and lay out a row of them in the middle of the dough, overlapping them 50% each time. Next, put a row of sandwich size hard salami on top of that, overlapping them too. Now add a layer of pepperoni on top of that.

Cover all that with a generous layer of mozzarella, then slap the veggies on top of everything. Add another layer of ham, then some more cheese. Now flop the sides over your pile of fillings so you end up with a big long loaf of bread looking thing. The side layers should overlap some. Then pat the top down good so it sticks together, and use a serrated knife to make 3 or 4 diagonal slashes in the dough. This will let steam out because we want it to bake, not steam.

Beat an egg and add a little water and beat it some more. Brush this over the stromboli, and make sure you cover all exposed surfaces. I like to sprinkle a little freshly grated pecorino romano on top, savages may use that parmesan flavored sawdust that comes in a plastic jar if that’s all they have.

Bake this for about 30 minutes, or until the top starts to brown, then let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then slice it up and eat it!

I usual;ly serve a little tomato sauce on the side for dipping. I use a can of diced tomatoes, a tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic (minced), a little pecorino romano, some diced onion, pepper, basil, and oregano. If you start this when the stromboli goes into the oven and let it simmer, it will be done by the time the stromboli is ready to eat.

stromboli

4 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

I like to knife and fork my pizza. Only bad pizza (fast food kind) can be held. Although Cici’s is surprisingly worth the price.

2 Likes

no, if the butter soaks and saturates the bread, it is like you can ‘hold’ butter in your hands and chew it. If I did it your way, I would (yes Dr. Seuss fans) hold the bread butter side down so that flavor hits my tongue and end up spilling it all over my seatbelt and dress slacks while driving to work on most mornings. Think of a starburst candy, that squirts butter on your tongue when you take your first bite. Yes, I am aiming to convert you to my religion on a public forum, and yes we are putting way to much time, energy, and thought into breakfast.

1 Like

There is NEVER enough time to talk about toast and butter! :slight_smile: No need to convert me: I’m already "saved!"

5 Likes

My new favorite comfort food snack. Baby potatoes steamed in the microwave with real butter then dipped in sour cream with chives :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Oh yes! Fax me some, pronto–please!

1 Like

Hahahahaha, OMG delicious but the carbs! I’m not even going to mention Jan the shredded 3 cheese and bacon bits lol :joy:

1 Like

Tonight’s comfort food. 2 Cornish game hens, ( one is never enough ) steamed in beer on the grill :+1:t2:. The 2 pieces on the side are for Jan and her husband. As soon as it’s done I have to fax it to them before they dry out :joy:

3 Likes

Yes! The sooner you fax food after it’s cook, the moister it remains. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Calling for more recipes! Who’s got something along the line of great Mexican food?

I’ve made this with chicken and with beef, and it rocks either way. In my house, we call this “Mexican Lasagna,” yum!

4 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s sooooo cold this morning. 1 degree not counting the wind chill. Breakfast calls for a hot bowl of Langostino Lobster Bisque while watching “ Meet the Press “ :joy: all are welcome :+1:t2:

4 Likes