Bread--Recipes, Memories, Recommendations

Bread

Where I live, winter and rain are starting–the perfect time for simple meals of soup and bread. Any bread recipes, bread memories (another country, another era?), or recommendations for breads to try? (Asking for a friend.)

2 Likes

Winter in New England is all about the sourdough bread and real butter with any kind of soup for dunking :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I use the 3 ingredient no knead bread recipe i found on google…give it a try.
Easy Peasy and yummy!
Goes great with any soup…especially Hobo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking for that now! I would ask for your recipe for Hobo Soup but I think that’s your parents’ secret recipe, right? lol

2 Likes

Jan - think you might like sugar bread

2 Likes

Looks soooooo goooooood!

1 Like

A nice uncut Tiger bread is reall nice

1 Like

This is totally new to me! I’m so glad you responded to this thread on the Forum. (I would have thought it would be called “Tony the Tiger” bread!)

1 Like

lol it would not be as nice if it was ty lol t for reply tc gl on tables

1 Like

Giraffe bread has a very cool Pattern to it but it’s a lot of work. 2 different kinds of dough and then the stacking of the different rolls. I leave it up to my sister for Easter dinner lol.

1 Like

Coolest bread I’ve ever seen! I have family coming next month. I’m going to make this for them. I will be revered (more than I already am) by niece and nephew. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Germany is thought to be the country with the largest choice of types of bread. Around the country, there well over 300 different sorts , some of which even have regional variations. There are several reasons for this enormous diversity. … so, Take your pick :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s going to be Instagram worthy Jan.
( we used to call it a Kodak moment but that’s really showing our age :joy: ) Enjoy my dear friend. Fun thread :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

Smell a Vision … Ahhhh
Now I have to bake something, Maybe Pumpkin bread.
( Will post the recipe if I can find the darn thing )

2 Likes

I love me a good Irish soda bread, still warm from the oven, with slices of crispy bacon or Prosciutto on top.

2 Likes

Never seen bread like this Giraffe bread, look really good.

1 Like

Tastes great too :+1:t2:

1 Like

WOW!! YUM!! You impress me with your culinary skills. Obviously, you love doing it. This is looks hard to bake and fancy. My compliments to the Chef :hearts:

2 Likes

You’re so sweet, thank you. It’s my kind of therapy :+1:t2: Love cooking and baking.

I think I’m falling in love… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes