Broadcast Advertising?

I am hearing a lot of concerns about the Broadcast Advertising of upcoming events. I believe we all want to see the chat box cleaned up and be able to see, only the things we want in the chat box.

However a bit reluctant to ask this question. My concern is our Great Poker playground is free, if revenue is lost in a buisness it must be recovered

I am very curious to see how many players actually utilize the the advertisements, for their benefit.

Please leave comments, suggestion’s & ideas of the topic.

• Should we have the option to turn off Broadcast of upcoming events?
0 voters

OK, lets try this again.

Do the Broadcast Advertisements of future games, benefit you?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Should we have an option to turn off Broadcast Advertising, of future events?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

I have to confess that I did use the Broadcasts to get into MTTs when I first came to this site. So, as a new player here…they were a benefit to me.

After a while, they served only as a reminder of upcoming MTTs. Once I fully navigated Replay’s site…I try to ignore them.

It would be nice to be able to filter the Broadcasts out of the chat box.

4 Likes

Thanks for your comment and I ask everyone please comment, as well of the reasons for your voting Yes or No.

Agree, It could be a benefit to many new players, and at some point they may want to turn them off.

1 Like

I usually play one table at a time. But, on occasion, when I am on two or more tables, I wouldn’t want the ads. They don’t bother me and I don’t feel they are too intrusive.

Compared to other poker and game sites, it’s nothing. In fact, the lack of pop-ups and non-stop ads on Replay is a big plus to me. I hope other members can appreciate how clean and smooth-running this site is.

1 Like

Agree and was the main reason, I left other sites after experiencing Replay Poker. :smile:

1 Like

My main reason for not wanting them, is that I noticed lately, that the chat very very often stops scrolling down on it’s own, once they appear. I have to scroll down manually to see, if something was new written and then refresh the table, so it auto scrolls again.

4 Likes

Ditto!

Incidentally, does anyone else get their chat message erased if they’re typing when a new hand starts? Sorry this is a bit off-topic but it’s tangentially related : )

1 Like

@Lelaina , It is a problem, I get complaints daily regarding the chat scrolling.
@Younguru , I don’t believe the Broadcast announcement’s play a role in the message typing and I believe that has always been the situation. If you don’t finish message before next hand it be either not show or show partially from my experience.

Thanks all for your comments & gl at the tables

@Litenin yes, I did my best to convey that I am not citing a problem related to the broadcast advertisements : )

1 Like

@Younguru , Thanks again for your question as it does relate to the Topic. As I said, I believe we all want to see the chat box cleaned up. Hopefully by removing features, that are not useful would resolve your issue in question also.

1 Like

One idea I just throught of – I don’t know how operationally feasible this is, but maybe if the BROADCAST messages corresponded to a user’s MTT lobby settings?

For instance, I have mine set to exclude anything below 100k buy in. So the software could understand that I’m not interested in freeroll broadcasts, but I might appreciate being reminded when the next 500k MTT starts.

3 Likes

Great idea @Younguru and I’m sure there are many ways to provide options for players to choose what they want to see. I believe the simplest method would be to modify the filters options. Currently, our choices are 1)All Chat 2)Players Only 3)Dealer Only 4)Broadcast Only.

Eliminate All chat and allow us to check multiple Chat features, regarding Players, Dealer and broadcast. This could also be in our settings gear so, we wouldn’t have to change at every table

The Broadcast advertising has been an ongoing issue since 2015, with hope then it could be corrected to allow options to disable. Link to the Topic Subject. Option to turn off Broadcast Announcements.

I do hope we get more voters and reasons of why they chose their vote.

I believe it is time to close this poll & thread. Please forgive me for the mistakes, I made creating the thread. GL to everyone, have fun at the tables.

@grapevine or @Tiandra , please close this Topic subject.