Best soundtrack

Don’t forget the dark paneling in every room of the house.

1 Like

Every year from the early 70s right through to the 80s my grandfather would get a gift box of old spice from at least one of us but sometimes two every year. When he passed in 1986, when clearing his bedroom cupboard of clothes etc we found all the boxes un-opened, my Gran said he hated the stuff, was a brut man all the way. He just never had the heart to tell us. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hahaha, now I’m going to be thinking about the Old Spice whistling song all day :joy: Brut, another classic!

2 Likes

British Sterling, English Leather, and Jade East were also classics. Do you remember Hawaiian Surf that came in a bottle wrapped in cork?

2 Likes

I remember an commercial for British Sterling, really cheesy, woman on a horse
:smile:

2 Likes

Yes !! :joy:How about “ Hi Karate “

2 Likes

Oh Gawd, that was even worse than Jade East. I was about 12 when those came out and they would nauseate me when I smelled them.

1 Like

Now I know I’m old as i Remember these:) awww and used them lol.

2 Likes

Me too. I as trying to figure out what we bought my dad when I was a kid on a limited budget.

I won’t even mention Jovan Musk :joy:

1 Like

Compared to Jade East and Hai Karate, Jovan Musk was sent from the gods.

1 Like

The soundtrack to the movie “ Gladiator “ .

The Gladiator’s soundtrack was pretty much robbed of the Oscar in 2000. Hans Zimmer did one of this best work in the movie with the soundtrack and the music truly added additional feel to the movie. I could not imagine the movie being the same without Hans Zimmer’s work and it is a tragedy that he didn’t win an Oscar for his work.

1 Like

Another great soundtrack “ The Bodyguard “ Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner

2 Likes

If I was my younger self it would be 8 Mile. I don’t care if people like Eminem, he is in the league of Dylan when it comes to writing about serious stuff

If I was slightly younger it would be Purple Rain. Prince. No explanation needed.

Since I am old as dirt I am going to go with a tie between Breakfast Club, The Big Chill, and City of Angels.

Naming one best soundtrack is like having a favorite child. Something one shouldn’t do.

1 Like

Somewhere In Time. Music composed by John Barry. It’s a really nice soundtrack.

2 Likes

I forgot to add Phantom of the Opera. Wonderful music.

1 Like

Somewhere in time was one of my late wife and my favorites. Without a doubt Cristopher Reeve’s best movie. I have the theme on my favorites. One day I will sit down and watch all our favorite movies again but right now it just seems far too painful without her.

3 Likes

hard to believe no one mentioned American Graffiti - right along side Forest Gump and Commitments - great soundtracks all.

1 Like

Why would that be ?

I’ve seen hundreds of movies so picking one seems sort of limiting to me. If you don’t understand the reference to having a favorite child I can’t help you. You either get it or you never will.

Explain your horizons. You must have more than one favorite soundtrack. I get the favorite child reference. We always say we love you the same but deep down inside I think most have a favorite but they just don’t say. Same with parents. We love them both but most kids have a favorite like mine was my mom :heart: RIP Mom, I love you :pray:t2: