Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

May I ask you all to get a sense of proportion here. Donkbusta444 had two jokes removed from the forum which were flagged as inappropriate. I sent him a message explaining this. I was merely doing my job, which is becoming increasingly difficult! Should he wish to enter into any dialogue with me concerning this then as most of you know, I am always willing to discuss any problem.,
Thank you, Kate,.

4 Likes

Kate, I don’t know what jokes he said, nor do I need to know, what I do know is there more than likely wasn’t any malice meant, he is not that kind of person, everyone knows that and you know that, however that being said, I also know you were doing your responsiblity to replay. As you said your job is tougher than ever because of what people may say may not be appropriate because they could be offensive and not realize it. Bodie I would ask that you continue to be the person you are, you affect so many in a positive way the league needs laughter, we already miss Saratoga Tom, I could just here the both of you at the same table, what an awesome chat that would be,Grapevine, continue to do what you are doing because we may say things wrong and not understand how it could affect others.
All also I would like to say that I am back in the Silver league, I will be the same as I always am, try to encourage others, some will not like the way I do it, but know this, never meant to be offensive.
One last thing, Boricua made a statement that the friendliest people are the ones trying to take your chips, B is that why you were so friendly to me in the HOF, because you did take all of my chips! LOL
God Bless You and God Loves You All!

3 Likes

Kate, I do know how tough your job is, probably never do you come off in a good way, but it’s the job. Look back through this Forum and read what Bodie says…always tongue in cheek and NEVER offensive. I probably should be censored, but Bodie…NEVER. I do appreciate what you do Kate, and apologize if I came off as mean…regards, John

2 Likes

LOL! Yeap, it works most the time! LOL!

I have been thinking about something for a while and now I have decided to bring it up to the powers that be. Frankly, the silver Donks league seems like a “farm” for the Gold league, I mean, the crown winners from Silver advance to gold and the crown winners of Gold advance to? The “Platinum” league? NOPE they get to stay at Gold, meanwhile once the Silver lose their best players they get the “shaft” and get new recruits and the Golds? well, they retain their talent. Seems to me like the Gold league is getting the BEST of this deal and to add insult to injury some of the Gold players keep reminding us how much “better” the Golds are…this does NOT seem fair to me…

A year and a half ago I brought up basically the same thing. I proposed a tier higher than Gold to be made up initially of the HOFers. That way there would be an extra incentive to advance to Gold and then advance to “Platinum”. Was shot down quickly…no surprise. You could still keep the TOC so I don’t understand why the league stays the same. I agree with you B, but would be a hard sell…great idea though…

maybe you and I need to fly to 'Ireland" and convince 'someone" to do something about it? LOL!

You are dead on my friend…LOL

Yeah, there is always a highest tier in a tiered league structure. If we expanded to Platinum, then Platinum would be the highest tier. This doesn’t mean that any tier is more or less valued.

And by the way, no need to refer to me as ‘someone’ from ‘Ireland’. You can call me Black Widow. I’m not Voldemort.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick and in case we haven’t already met, one of my main duties is Head of Volunteers here at Replay. In effect, I oversee much of the moderation both in chat and here within the forums.

What this tends to mean is that it’s my job to place the moderators in what is inevitably very difficult positions. One of the restrictions I place on them is that they are required to never discuss any moderation action with anyone but the player that was moderated. While we do this for privacy reasons, essentially this also means that the moderators are required to not stick up for themselves. At times, this can make an already thankless job nearly impossible.

Similarly, I’m not going to discuss any moderation actions we’ve taken except to say that no one that’s been discussed has been blocked from posting. I also wanted to make it clear that people don’t have to say anything with malice to simply pass just over the line sometimes and often I have to ask the mods to moderate something not because anyone has said they’re offended but to ensure no one decided to stay silent who is. A “unique” sense of humor by it’s definition tends to walk the line and as a moderator, I do have to draw that line somewhere. We have a lot of amazing people on this site with different views and opinions. And while I’m not talking about this situation in particular, please consider that when looking back at so many people’s chat the reason you might not see offensive posts is in no small part because of the work that the moderators do each day.

I truly appreciate your sticking up for your friend who in the few interactions I’ve had with him has been polite, friendly, and understanding. All I ask is that you help me stick up for my friends as well by showing respect, kindness, and understanding for the job they do.

Finally, I’m going to ask the moderators to remove any further discussion of this matter. This is not to say I’m not willing to hear your concerns. I simply ask that you send any you might have directly to me via pm so we can discuss them there without fully derailing this longstanding thread.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience as I admittedly do tend towards long winded responses.

4 Likes

My suggestions for future tiers: Platinum, Diamond, Solar, Galaktic :innocent:

4 Likes

Haha, ok, now that we have the names, the only thing that remains to do is to get the player numbers to support the new tiers :wink: Should be easy, right? … right?

1 Like

You are No “fun”;(

one small step for Vol…(oopppsss) Black Widow, one GIANT step for the Donk leagues!

Hi all!
I didn’t realize you guys had so much “fun” in here!

2 Likes

Congrats on the HOF win tonight, King, well done!

2 Likes

Congrats KileKing was a fun game!!!

1 Like

Well, we have to start SOMEWHERE…the crown winners in gold would advance to Platinum, what is that 5? 6? players, Platinum is RARE, right? Combine the points for the first two quarters and the top finishers would advance to Platinum, Sundays 3pm, 7 pm is primetime, they would play then? A total of 12 players would advance to platinum a year? Just throwing some ideas out there, this or something similar is doable, right? right?..

I do want the Donks to expand into a third tier eventually, and I have already spent quite a bit of time thinking about how and when to do it. But the fact is that we do not currently have the numbers to justify an expansion.

We cannot just start with 5 or 6 crown winners advancing from Gold. That would mean that Platinum would start playing in tournaments of 3 or 4 players on average - likely not appealing to most. So we would need to start the new tier with a significant number of players, so that we can hope for at least 30 entrants on average (only about 10% of all Donks prefer field sizes of less than 30). Now, if we also want to keep at least 30 players on average in Gold, that means that we need at least 60 players per game on average in Gold before the expansion. We are obviously not there yet.

My preference is a gradual expansion (not all four games at the same time), but this is not a trivial change either. We could for example split the Sunday 3PM and/or 7PM game once these games reach 60 players on average in Gold. But there are questions to be answered: Are Platinum players only allowed to play the initial 1 or 2 games per week? Or are they allowed to play in both Platinum and Gold? How would the answer to the previous questions affect the annual leaderboards? What about players who would qualify for Platinum but can only play on Wednesdays?

There are reasonable solutions to these issues, but what these questions show is that an expansion into a third tier is not a trivial problem. It needs good timing, planning, and execution to become a success.

We will expand into a third tier when the time is right. And if more Donks helped us recruiting new, suitable players, we would reach that goal sooner.

7 Likes

Isn’t the HoF already like a platinum tier?

2 Likes