Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

Well I think the blinds should be 7 minutes with no antes, after trying that out if we go to 8 minute blinds then i would add antes. Im still confused about what u said about the cut off Badonk, are u saying that u are not taking just any players ranked under 1k anymore? if so then members need to know this so they are not wasting time recruiting new members for 1k and under. I would also like some feed back on playing a 2nd game on a wed or thur night for now. Seems like we are not getting much feed back on all of this from that many members and we really need more feed back if u could just post your thought on all of this so badonk can make decisions faster on what to do, thx Ski

ski,
Thank you for your post and expressing your views here at the Stables. RP has set up this page so that our members can easily communicate with each other. But if we optimize the use of this page, all of our members (instead of only a select few) can express their opinions so that this league can become what the membership wants it to become. Unfortunately, there is very little evidence that members are taking advantage of the opportunity. Unless there are more opinions expressed on this page, league changes could be made that are the opinions of just a select few members. I will send out one last batch of private messages to try to have the members visit here.
Now, regarding new member recruiting. We are still accepting new members with a ranking of 1000 or less. Sonic1 has just brought what looks to be our 41st member. At some point in time, we will have enough members to consistently have 3 full tables at all our MTT’s. We are already almost there. To consistently have 3 full table MTT’s, it may require that we have 50 members or it could require 70 members. Who knows? But once we can maintain 3 full table MTT’s, it is my opinion that we can then start trying different things to improve our league. We could add a 2nd weekly game. We could try qualifier tournaments. We could do most anything the members want, but at this point in time, I feel that our first priority should still be recruiting new members. So whoever reads this (echoing - reads this, reads this, reads this), continue the great job of recruiting at the tables and through your RP friends so we can get 3 full table MTT’s. These are only my opinions, and I would like to see the opinions of other members here

Hi folks, I just wanted to express my thanks to Badonk for all the work he put in to start this league. I am basking in the fleeting glory of the 1st place win in the 1st league tourney. It was a fast game and I got very lucky a couple of times. It was nice to play against such a good group of players. My buddy Scratch recommended me and I appreciate that as I was about finished with replay. I feel I must thank Badonkidonk for pointing out that I am ranked 36 lowest of 40 in the league .the rat.( For those who don’t know me I was ranked 71st at one time.) anyway it should be fun going forward. ps Definitly longer blinds. BRICK

BRICK52,
Thank you for your post. Yes, the blinds will be 7 minutes instead of 5 minutes starting with our next MTT. It may even go to 8 minutes depending on the opinions expressed here. Glad to have you as a Donk!

Seven mins works for me and right now I am happy with just once a week. Maybe if I didn’t finish on the bubble last game I would feel differently :unamused:

SharonSmarty, thanks for your post. Be proud. The Jennies fared quite well.

I don’t know if you’re able to see if someone visits but doesn’t comment. I have been reading the page since it’s been here. However, I will seldom comment unless something is very important to me. None of the proposals presented so far matter to me one way or another. So I’m not sure if the fact that “only a select few” are commenting means that we aren’t visiting.

Bad Man,

Antes - No.

If we go to 8 or 10 minutes blinds I think we should make it a true deep stack and double the starting chips. Let’s get serious. I think that will attract the more expereienced players.

Great first round. Wish BRICK would have layed off me so quick, but congrats on the win.

Scratch

1 Like

Badonk……………the 8-10 minute blinds are important. Also, can we
have at least 2 or 3 tourneys a week. With buy in’s of 50,000 - 75,000
I think we are on right track just need fine tuning……………kat man…

Thank you to Reesepiece, Scratch and tomkat287 for your posts. Your inputs are being noted and/or are being acted on.
Reesepiece - you make a great point. I looked into that. We are getting about 45 views per day at the Stables…not too bad, but some days I think I do about half of those visits myself. :slight_smile:
Scratch - It will be a balancing act. We’ll move toward those quantities, but slowly, until the MTT’s are too lengthy for the majority. Then a decision will need to be made: even deeper stacks with even longer blinds or shorter MTT’s. FYI, I am considering commissioning a hold’em expert to develop a format for us. What is the maximum time that you think our MTT’s should run?
tomkat287 - I understand the reason for wanting longer blinds and more weekly MTT’s. Both of these are in the planning stages. But why the need for lower buy ins?
Thank you again for your inputs.
Viewpoints from others?

I’d like to invite the Donk’s to form a team in the Totally Partisan Poker League, we’d love to take on an “elite” team and it would be another great challenge for you. (Note, maximum 8 members per team, no room for ego’s in team play).

1 Like

flashlight, LOL I like it! We just need a little time to get this ship in the water. In the meantime think about this: 8 all-stars from your league vs 8 of our Donks?

1 Like

Regular Tournament Play or Team Play (Partisan style) or another variation? Either way, I’m sure I could find 8 players provided the time was suitable and i’d love to do it.

Sure. Let’s shoot for mid August. I’ll pm you to work out the details.

2 Likes

Terrific, it should be serious fun.

1 Like

This is my second visit. This time I had the time to read through all of it. Nothing worse than asking questions that have already been answered. I really don’t have a lot of questions, just some comments/feedback.

Badonk,

You are off to a great start putting all of this together. Thanks! I love that you are listening to all of us and I generally agree with the adjustments you are making. If you keep listening, it will quiet down. Just hold firm on your Mission(s).
I like playing 2 -2.5 hour games, so I think 7 minutes and better attendance may get us closer to that. I would leave out the antes for now. I also would like to see one game in the middle of the week. A little later would be better but that is just me, I realize the global implications. I would keep it at 100K so it is equal in every way to the Sunday game.

If you need just a few new recruits, I know a few that would qualify. I love the Qualifier idea. I would hold them maybe every other week, depending on interest. We just had our first tournament. Does this period of collecting carrots run monthly or ?

Enough for now, looking forward to getting to know some of you more, I pretty much live in the MTT world, so haven’t met all of you yet.

@KirbyMuckIt,
Thank you for reading through all those posts and thank you for your inputs. They are greatly appreciated. Recruiting is still our #1 priority. Just have your recruits post their desire here. Once we can consistently get 27 players per MTT, then we can add another game to the middle of the week. Regarding buy ins: Some members want lower buy ins. Some members want higher buy ins. Your point is well taken about constant parameters of play or the leaderboard would become contaminated. Regarding the Leaderboard: At this point in time, we are encouraging participation, so I am only displaying player names and points…er…uh…I mean carrots. Soon I will also be recognizing outstanding levels of achievement such as average carrots per MTT played, etc. Again great feedback from you, KirbyMuckIt!!! I’ll hold firm on the primary Mission, which is to create a group that can provide a consistently higher caliber of play so we can all enhance the quality of our individual games. BTW, I almost lost my grip on it once last week.

Lets get some ideas from the membership on the term for the leaderboard…monthly, quarterly, 10 MTT’s, 20 MTT’s???

RE: RECRUITING
Donks,
Recruiting is still our #1 priority. So grab your Donk recruit by the head collar and bring them into our Stables! Just have them post here that they want to become a Donk. I will confirm their RP ranking is less than 1000 and they’ll be eligible to play in the next MTT. Once we get enough members participating on Sunday night, then we can start a 2nd weekly MTT. What night works best for you? Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday?

An actual RP Leaderboard ( where chips will be won for placing ) or a points system that you will use to post monthly winners here on this page ?

SharonSmarty,
Our Donk Leaderboard utilizes a points system to award “carrots” to Donks based on their finish in our MTT’s. It can be seen by scrolling to the top of this page. It is not an “RP Leaderboard” which awards RP chips for placing. If anyone knows how to get RP to do this, let me know. :slight_smile: