Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

A FEW THINGS…

THANKS rick, allen, John and company for the kind words.

JAGUAR - wow you had quite the first day! I was supposed to help show you the ropes - I may end up calling you for pointers! Looks like there are some new STERLING silvers.

BADONK - what can I say? Few will believe it, but I for once am almost SPEECHLESS.
I went and looked and we exchanged well over a hundred private messages the past few months.
You listened when I whined. You laughed when I joked. You encouraged me to be my offbeat self.
You mocked my poker playing. You exchanged ideas with me like my opinion mattered.

Mostly, you treated me like a friend. Ride well, ride safe, hurry back.

PUGGYWUG - Hope your feet are large, because these are big shoes you’re filling. Like size 16 friggin boats. Just do your best, be yourself, and this donk family will stand behind you. And I promise I won’t fill your inbox with messages.

5 Likes

Badonk, in response to your message to us, you will never be just a regular Donk, you have created with help from others, the best league ever, also in my opinion, you should have been Donk of the Year, however your unselfishness would not allow that. I would like everyone to know that you always get back to people and encourage them, I am extremely happy that you have chosen to do this bike trip with your son, you are blessed, it will be a memory that you will cherish, yes family comes first and your Donk family stands with you and your decision to do this event, I will be praying for a safe ride for you and your son. When you complete this, we will be excited to see how it went, so you will owe us a comment on that.
As for Puggy taking over? Great choice, he has the passion just like you, he is a great guy, also the reason why I say that is, I trust your decision making and along with his support a lot of great things in this league has happened. So enjoy your training sessions, God has blessed you sooo much.
Also Congrats on winning Sundays Kickoff in Gold, to finish 1st among 54 is amazing. Thanks for everything Donk!

God Bless You and God Loves You!

6 Likes

Ride that Bike ! … with Your Son ! … Sounds fantastic ! … Where will you guys be riding? … Thank You for inviting me into the Silver League… i appreciate all your messages… And - Congratulations on Your Tournament 1ST PLACE FINISH in Gold on Sunday 3 Jan 2021 :biking_man: :biking_man:

1 Like

SOME CONGRATS IN ORDER!!!

To the Silvers – @BeeSlick, @jaguarpriest, @RavenL, and @PRIMETIME708 - great job all.

To the Golds – @Badonkidonk for another win (yawn - big friggin’ deal) and to my pal @husky11 for an outstanding performance in his gold debut. 54 players, and you beat 'em except for BD…so happy for you, you cannot even imagine.

2 Likes

What a shock!! I wish you nothing but the best life has to offer you my friend. But, I have a few things to say, am I’m serious. Pug, you are the only choice to take over this league. You know the ins and outs as well as B, great choice. So to that point, I’m asking the membership to help pug in his transition, as he is now our leader, the Chair for the Advisory Board and does the leaderboards. The Advisory Board is made up of the BEST people in this league. They are @LadyCon{Connie}, @rosie2_SM{Jean}, @chuckcox, @Sergente21{Ale}, @MCcats{Priscilla} and myself. So this is what I want from you all, if you have an idea, a thought, a concern or a gripe, please contact one of us first. Pug has his hands full with a multitude of duties and if we can’t give you an answer or solution, rest assured we WILL talk with Pug. I think this will help him get settled.
On a personal note, B, I will miss you very much. I wouldn’t be near what I am in this league if it weren’t for you. You are the Donks and always will. In my mind you are and always will be THE MAN. Enjoy life, be well and stay safe, Thank you

6 Likes

Well THAT is certainly subjective!!!

Of course I am kidding. It’s a brave new chapter for the league. Let’s all work to make it great.

2 Likes

PS: I bet Husky wishes BaDonk had just exited one day sooner…

2 Likes

I am so sorry to read this, but am so glad to hear of your wonderful trip. Puggywug is a great choice and I know he will do a wonderful job. You can rest easy knowing he will take care of us. Remember we all love you and will miss you. I will look forward to hearing about your trip. Your friend, Leslie

4 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

tatsel… actually it is tatsel who invited me into the League

1 Like

Sorry Donks. It seems @jaguarpriest was actually recruited by tatsel.
Thank you @tatsel.
Hey @chuckcox, have you recruited anybody lately?
Oh. More than half our members? You don’t say!
:smile:

3 Likes

didnt chuck recruit Trevor Lawrence?
tall guy, weird hair?

2 Likes

Not that I need any credit, but I believe I invited you jaguarpriest just the other day.

2 Likes

Badonkidonk, I wish you nothing but the best on your adventure. You get more than enough love on here and deserve every bit of it! Another great job conducting your exit strategy and look forward to hearing about your trip upon your safe return.

Puggywug, I know you are the right person to keep the league moving and even improving in the coming months and years. Nothing but respect for your leadership.

6 Likes

maybe you did also, Friend… however i’m sure @tatsel did so before Christmas… :thinking:

1 Like

May your journey be blessed with health and happiness. May the memories echo through eternity.
Axiom222 (and for those who don’t know – Nelson)

4 Likes

Here’s the first hand of the final table at yesterday’s Hee Hawl of Fame Tournament of Champions.

If you didn’t watch this live, it’s a really good final table, probably the best I’ve seen or been seated at. It starts out with me hitting a nut flush to KO a player, and then shortly after that I get wrecked running AJ + 4 hearts as a bluff into -BlackWidow-'s pocket AA + 4 bigger hearts.

From there, I make an incredible comeback from under 6k remaining chips to get heads-up with SarahFra, with an incredible 100k:40k stack advantage… which I blew in the end.

Final table lasted an incredible 143 hands starting from the one linked above. It’ll take some time to go through them all, but if you do you’ll get to see some very fine hands played by some of our best Donks.

2 Likes

NEW MEMBER WELCOME

@beafurbanker has joined as a Silver Donk and will be eligible to play in his first tournament tomorrow. Be sure to greet him if you spot him at your table!

4 Likes

Welcome beafurbanker, I know you will do well.

3 Likes

Important, please read:

4 Likes