Badonk's Donks Stables Social Chat

RESPONSE TO @12beat22:

This is just my opinion. I think that our leagues are not yet at a size where we need to consider an expansion to a third tier.

We are also considering methods of keeping tournaments to about 2-2.5 hours in length with larger fields, and will be performing some experiments in the near future with tweaks to our tournament format in the Wednesday 3PM games to see how they work.

What I saw in our Bye Week tournament was that with reduced starting chip stacks to the standard 3k size, we ran 2h34m for 60 players in the first game, 2h18m for 69 players in the second game, and 2h24m for 58 players in the 3rd game. This suggests that a key to managing tournament duration is the initial stack sizing. We want to make sure that the games aren’t just running the right length of time, but have other markers of a high quality game that players are enjoying, of course.

I do like to see our league’s membership representing us well in extra-curricular tournaments and promotions, as well. I hope that we’ll see some of our players sign up for Puggywug’s Heads Up NLHE Open tournament. Registration is open now through Friday, 9/11/2020, so please contact me to sign up if you’re interested in playing!