Auto Hand Counter

Hello, I am a beginner who is trying to learn to play poker with replay poker. But I would like to be able to play physical poker, so I need to be aware of all possibles hands, is there a way to disable the message that says which is my best hand? (the message on the top of the community cards)

Hi Venaber, :smiley:
As far as I am aware that is not a player configurable option. I am not sure I understand the reason behind your request and how that will help you learn to play poker. Your Hand is what it is. You cannot play a pair when you have a set. There is an old saying in poker “The cards speak for themselves” If you go to showdown and mis-declare your hand, what you actually have is what counts not what you say.

While verbal declarations of a bet or raise during play are binding, calling your hand is not since the cards speak for themselves. Being aware of how your hand might develop later in play (possible draws) and figuring out what other hands are possible for your opponents based on the community cards is what poker is all about and the best teacher is experience. Keep playing and enjoy.

Btw, playing poker here at Replay can be and is for many of us an enjoyable experience and is great for learning the very basics of poker. You should be aware that what happens here bears very little relation to what happens in real money online and/or face to face games.
Take care.

LoL

1 Like

Hello :smiley:,

It is because maybe I might be forgetting about some hand, e.g. I have 5 7 and the community cards are 6 9 8 5 2, and I am focused about the five pair whilst I have 5-9 straight so maybe I would bet instead of fold… So the message is telling me the straight, when in real life there is no message.

But, okay thanks :+1:

Ok, I gotcha. That little hand announcer is pretty easy to ignore, and what you are describing (tunnel vision) is a common error amongst new players (and even experienced players on occasion). The best thing to do is play as much as you can. Your situational awareness will begin to come naturally as you gain experience.

The best way to train for live in person play is to do it.

Have you heard of pub poker? It is free to play poker that usually play tournament style in bars or restaurants. There are many pub poker leagues. There are some national and many local leagues. It is pretty good training for in person play but is still not comparable to real money poker. There are many more donkeys and bingo players in any form of free poker than when playing for real money. If you are really training for live play I would try to find a pub poker league in your area and sign up. Just be aware that pub poker is not really about poker for the “leagues” and the host establishment, it is about marketing so it is common that players are requested/encouraged to make a purchase during the tournament as any prizes awarded are usually provided by the host establishment.

Good luck with your poker adventure… :grin:
Peace!

1 Like