Annoying Situations

Your sitting at a table playing and a player keeps betting the same higher amount before the flop is even shown. To me that is annoying. So the question is, have any of you had an annoying situation happen while you are playing poker?

1 Like

It is good poker strategy to raise instead of limp when entering a pot because you want to get the weaker hands to fold so they don’t catch something on the flop, but I don’t think that is what you are annoyed by. When a player raises preflop EVERY hand, with any two (or four, I see this most often in Omaha and Omaha hilo) cards. Now that can get annoying, I agree but it does tend to raise the size of the pot for those who decide to play. So it you are selective about the hands you play it can actually help you out alot. Another way to stop it is to 3 bet them when you have a playable hand (raise re raise fold is quite satisfying :)). They have to win a large percentage of those hands or their chip stack will suffer and once the table catches on, they become a nice appitizer. Play the long game and dont let it get to you.

It’s annoying realizing some player along the way called me donk when I won the tournament.

It happened more than once I can tell you that!

I just saw it happen today with someone else but they both called each other donks during head-to-

head. lol

Maybe it’s a good omen when it occurs.

If you can do something about the planes flying overhead… lol

That’s annoying too!

It is called " a donkey bingo player. " Happens ALL the time-Just wait and when you have a good hand, check and then put him all in, after a couple of times this might work:).

das kopfgeld wird nicht ausgezahlt, hat schon wer welches bekommen?

the bounty that someone has already will not be paid out?

Thank you southwestmba, Excaliburns, bill8888 and andreasd123 for your advice. I am going to try your suggestions and see if that helps me. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to this topic.

2 Likes

When a player demonstrates a pattern in betting as cited , I consider this to be a trait which can be exploited. Patience will usually demonstrate the weakness in such action
jsef.

1 Like

Hi jsef. That is an interesting observation. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this topic.

Against maniacs consider widening your 3 betting range to include marginal hands that flop well. Hands like Ax, 10-8s, J-9, K10, Q10 etc go up in value against someone whose raising frequency is too high.

Hes doing this because people at the table are overfolding, or maybe he doesnt care, whatever the case may be he is very exploitable. Put the pressure back on him with 3 bets and be prepared to call him down more often with only a single pair holding.

Sometimes it backfires, sometimes hes got a premium or outflops you, so it goes. These types can be very profitable to play against if you know what to do, and I always love when they are at my table.

And of course if you get a premium let him hang himself. Hope this helps.

1 Like