100k CONTEST POLL: What movie made you cry?

It’s time for another poll. :eyes: You could win 100,000 chips just for voting!

We’re going off-topic this time. Tell us …

Which of the following movies made you cry the most?

• Titanic (1997)
  • Sophie’s Choice (1981)
  • Marley & Me (2008)
  • Forrest Gump (1994)
  • The Notebook (2004)
  • The Green Mile (1999)
  • Stand By Me (1986)
  • Bambi (1942)
  • My Girl (1991)
  • Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (2009)
  • Imitation of Life (1959)
  • Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
  • Schindler’s List (1993)
  • Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
  • E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
  • Good Will Hunting (1997)
  • The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)
  • The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
  • Saving Private Ryan (1998)
  • A Star is Born (2018)

0 voters

What was it about the movie you chose that hit you with emotion? Is your biggest tearjerker not on the list? Are you not much of a crier? Or do you save your tears for a rough poker loss? Share a comment for an extra shot at 100k!

This poll closes in about a week, so get your answers in quick. :fast_forward:

We’ll be drawing at least five winners, but will bump that up based on the amount of entries.

4 Likes

50%E.T.: the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

1 Like

Pretty Woman, watched it over and over and still cry tears of joy at the end :two_hearts:

5 Likes

officer and a gentleman…i got nowhere else to go

2 Likes

The scene where she has to make that choice is gut-wrenching.

1 Like

It is hard to choose just one. it is some good picks in there.

I think I always shed 1 :smiling_face_with_tear: when I watch Rutger Hauer’s character Roy Batty die in the film Bladerunner.

C’est le film le plus émouvant que j’ai vue.
Le scénario est admirablement construit.
Translation
It’s the most moving movie I’ve seen.
The script is beautifully constructed.

all in the list

1 Like

Bambi

1 Like

Zefferelli’s “Romeo and Juliet”

2 Likes

there are 2 old yeller /and ghost old yeller because if that doesnt do it for you you have no heart … what can i say about ghost funny and romantic.

3 Likes

When I was a kid I walked down the big hill we lived on to go to the movies, sometimes with friends, sometimes by myself (it was a different era). I think everything was G rated then so it didn’t matter much what was playing, there were always a few cartoons and the price of admission was 50 cents. Once when I was about 10 years old I went by myself to watch a movie called “Trail of the Lonesome Pine” (Henry Fonda) and near the end the grandmother character committed suicide by burning down her cabin around her. I cried all the way home up the big hill.

forrest gump

1 Like

not a crier but it is a favorite

forest gump
cwaltercew

1 Like

A Dog Tale,just like my Hole Cards!!!

1 Like

Dogs do me in. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hachie: the tragedy was that animals do not know what humans do so he just assumed that he would return someday. Those who became the friends and supportors of Hachie knew that someday the dog would pass on due to illness but in the dogs heart it was because his owner did not return.

2 Likes

The Shawshank Redemption is one of the few films that deserves to be recognized as a masterpiece ! :cry:

2 Likes