100k CONTEST POLL: What movie made you cry?

forest gump
cwaltercew

Only one movie ever made me cry, and it still does. It’s A Wonderful Life, the last scene where everyone comes together to give George whatever money they have to bail him out from his legal troubles. When his brother says “Here’s to my big brother George, the richest guy in town” I always get teary eyed.

2 Likes

Saving Private Ryan at the end, when he’s at Arlington National Cemetery, makes me think of my Dad, as does, in Field Of Dreams when Kevin Costner asks his Dad, " wanna have a catch?"…omg it kills me every time.

3 Likes

Sixth Sense

Cry? Because of a movie? I can’t imagine doing that. Sorry.

Forrest Gump

Brians Song

2 Likes

Shawshank Redemption

I haven’t cried watching any of those movies. But, the Green Mile is my favorite of the listed movies at this time. For me movies can be like songs – my favorites vary from time to time.

1 Like

The final scene of the musical “Hair” gets me every time.

1 Like

Meet Joe Black. Was sad to see him walk over the hill and pass away, but happy to see Joe return to be with his love.

Re: Brian’s Song

I was named after Brian Piccolo. My mother was pregnant when she saw the movie.

2 Likes

ET is the cult movie of my childhood

1 Like

Sophies Choice will tear at any parent’s heart when they realize what Sophie has to do - - it is an impossible decision with no right answer.

As a boy “Old Yeller” and “Sands of Iwo Jima” were my top two emotional movie.

1 Like

Indeed, I’ve watched Shawshank many times and could be entertained by watching it again.

na

love story

E.T.

“Terms of Endearment” wasn’t on the list, but it ripped me to shreds many years ago. Also, I cried all night long after seeing a very old movie titled “A Man Called Peter.”

2 Likes

Steel Magnolias, because my mother died when I was about the age of those kids.

2 Likes