Rankings?

At one of the tables the other day a comment came up about rankings. Several players indicated that players ranked under 10K were the ones that were buying chips. They also indicated that if you weren’t buying chips - no matter how much you won - you would never be ranked under 10K.

Anyone have insight on this?

Thanks!

Not true… not even close to true. I am ranked at about 615 , never bought chips , I have been on this site for awhile though and worked my way up. Since players can buy chips , they improve their rank and help support the site at the same time. Doesn’t matter what the rank is , I don’t even look at rank and just observe how each player plays.

5 Likes

Not a chance in the world this is true. I came on a pretty rank amateur, did not buy chips, worked hard, earned my chips, earned my rank, felt no pressure to buy… Just FYI. Jan

6 Likes

No MR-CHIPS I don’t think that’s true, there’s probably a lot of players under 10 that bought chips but I think most worked there way to that ranking.

2 Likes

I KEEP HEARING PEOPLE W ISSUES REGARDING BUYING CHIPS MAKING THE DIFFERENCE IN RANKING–
JUST FOR THE RECORD–
1.RALPHIE HAD LITTLE TO NO POKER EXPERIENCE B4 STARTING HERE!!
(OTHER THAN THE STRIP POKER IN HIGH SCHOOL-I LOST ON PURPOSE-SO I WON!!
2,RALPHIE HAS BEEN QUITE LUCKY-NEVER BOUGHT A CHIP!!
3, RALPHIE FINDS THAT WHEN HE PLAYS W PATIENCE- HE TENDS TO DO BETTER!!
4, RALPHIE IS NOT PAID ANYTHING- BY THIS SITE!!
5,JUST A LUCKY SQURL I GUESS!!

TOM
RALPHIES SECRETARY
PS—RALPHIES A LITTLE NUTS

1 Like

There are many players ranked below 10K that have not bought chips. I am one of those. Daily Bonus helps, though.

1 Like

Rank is determined on how many chips you have…whether you win them or buy them. Don’t pay any attention to rank until they change that. After awhile you will know thru observation who is good and who just wants to be. The only honor in rank is watching your get better as you build your bank at the table.

4 Likes

Agreed … I just try to improve my rank but don’t pay much attention to what rank others may have.

3 Likes

That’s for sure…

I had a friend on the board ranked at 50,865. He bought a bunch of chips when they were on sale. I looked at his ranking the other day. He dropped from 50,865 to 13,222. Quite a ranking improvement through chip purchase!

1 Like

Probably ought to pay attention if the player is ranked under 500

4 Likes

so rank can be bought

And earned ! The ranking system is based on chip total in your bank.

I never bought any chips and respected high rank players,now i,m disappointed .

It usually doesnt take long to realize whether the rank was earned or bought.

4 Likes

You could always check out their profile page , if they have been playing for awhile on this site and have a low rank , I would say they earned them … If they been here a month and have millions I would say they bought their rank…

3 Likes

Let me just say,if it wasn’t for players buying chips none of us would be playing at this site!
Everydayi see people say disparaging things about people buying chips,i think Replay would sell lots more if a players bank account was private…Never understood why every Tom,Dick and harriett can see a persons bank account,certainly wouldn’t want people being able to see my real one lol.
Replay make this info private or at least give the player the option if they want it public. I believe you would sell more chips if you did so.
Gl at the tables folks and Merry Christmas!

Reddy

3 Likes

I have no problem with players buying chips and supporting the site , I just don’t think bought chips should go towards ranking.

7 Likes

amen

I agree 100% about the ranking,was just trying to get my point across about people making disparaging remarks about players that buy chips and that they should be greatdul to those that do . I also wanted to make my poing that the info should be the private if players so choose it to be…I love OPTIONS lol
Reddy

2 Likes

I have been playing since 2014 and have never bought chips. My ranking is under 10K. I agree that the daily bonuses help. I try never to miss one, even though I’m on vacation!. Good luck in your play!

3 Likes